Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9.0 (Pie) not able to sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 3/6/19

Hello everyone! 

We have some updated troubleshooting suggestions we'd like for all of you on Android Pie (9.0) to try. 

First, turn off Background Restrictions/Limitations: Phone settings > Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app > Background restrictions or Background limits.

Then, disable battery limitations:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization
  2. Change view to All apps
  3. Search for Fitbit app
  4. Choose Not optimized

Please give the steps above a try to improve syncing with your Fitbit device and Android 9.0 OS. We're still researching and testing out long-term solutions to this ongoing syncing issue. We thank you for all your patience while we continue to work on this effort.

Fitbit Update: 2/14/19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all your reports and patience with these Android 9.0 syncing difficulties. We’re aware of this ongoing issue and have been working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track as soon as possible. 

I'll let you know if I receive any additional information on this matter. 

Fitbit Update: 10/3/18 

Hey Everyone!

Our team is still working on implementing a longterm fix for syncing with Android devices on Pie (9.0). 

For the background syncing issue, I have posted an update in the other floated thread which you can find here

We released Fitbit for Android version 2.80 today which contains improvements for that syncing issue. 

I'll make sure to keep you all updated with more information, as soon as I have it available. We're still working on this and I really appreciate everyone's patience. 

Fitbit Update: 9/26/18

Hey everyone! 

Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation. We are aware of the issue and working with Google on a solution.

I will continue to provide updates here, so keep an eye on this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 9/10/18 

Hi, everybody! 

Thanks for your patience while our team continues to work on improving syncing for those on Android Pie (9.0). They are actively working on this and for the time being, I recommend you keep the Fitbit app updated on the latest version for best syncing results. Right now that is version 2.78, so if you're not on this version please update! Also, another troubleshoot we recommend is performing a restart on your phone. 

When there are more improvements made in the future I'll announce them here. Stay tuned and subscribed to this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 8/19/18

We have escalated these syncing issues for those who are now using Android Pie (9.0) to our team for investigation. There aren't any updates at the moment, but rest assured we will keep you informed in this thread when more information is available.

Thanks for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 8/11/18 

Hi, everyone! Thanks for stopping by the Community Forums. Smiley Happy

Seems like many of you who updated to Android Pie (9.0) are now having trouble syncing your Fitbit trackers. I'm going to escalate this to our team so they can look into it.

In the meantime, please update the Fitbit app to version 2.76.1 if you haven't yet. Let me know if that changes the syncing behavior. Please follow this thread for updates. I'll keep you all posted here! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
2,479 REPLIES 2,479

Mines working again! 

The solution from Pete: HCl Bluetooth snoop thing in developer options did the trick. 

I had to go into the Fitbit settings and switch off and on notifications, but I've been getting texts all day.

So far so good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sending it back to Amazon tonight and will write a **ahem** review with a link to this thread. 

I can't believe a company dares to ship such buggy products without giving any explanation. Give me a message from a product manager with a clear explanation of the **ahem**up and timeframe for the future updates and I will stop complaining. But this is just unacceptable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seeing as though your response today, is practically the same as your last response to the thread, I thought I'd do you the same courtesy...

"I'd like to know what the timeline / ETA for the fix is.

Just bear in mind, whilst presuming to thank people for their patience, that patience isn't infinite."

Best Answer
Yes, refund us all! We don't want Fitbit anymore.
Best Answer

Your posts are now insulting.

We need to know if FitBit has plans to support Android 9 and above.  Removing popular Android phones from the supported list is not the answer.  

So instead of thanking us for our patience, just answer WHEN FitBit will support Android 9 and above.

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit

There is something you can do yes.. I want a refund for my Fitbit Versa which is not properly syncing.. Seeing how long it has been for you to fix your issues, I doubt I'll buy another fitbit product.. This is not my first fitbit either.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Maybe Fitbit doesn't want any Android users anymore? Does Fitbit now only
focus on Apple users? 😉
Best Answer

It certainly feels that way.  I doubt they'll make an official announcement as such.  It appears they will just slowly remove all Android phones from the supported list.  I make sure to add comments to any Android-oriented article that involves FitBit to let folks know the support for Android is limited and headed towards non-existent. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I already wrote a review at the website of one the biggest retailers of
electronics in the Netherlands (CoolBlue) where I say that Android Pie (9)
is NOT supported. Just to warn people and tell them NOT to buy these kind
of Fitbit products.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KenShay

Can they do that?

Why would they do that?

Are you sure?

If so I have some discussions to make.

Moderator edit: format

ANITA GORDON
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KenShay

There is no official statement they are not supporting Android 100% yet but it sure does feel that way. And I will certainly not buy a Apple product just to keep using Fitbit.

I have been looking at other Smartwatces, was considering the Ticwatch pro which uses Google's WearOs but, it is not waterproof. I'll have to look deeper into WearOS capable watches. WearOS is Android's operating system for smartwatches and a couple of companies have been getting products out. 

I would even argue WearOS is better than going with a Samsung Galaxy which has  its own proprietary OS and could eventually ditch Android for its TizenOS on phones and possible other SYNC issues.

The only problem with the new Smartwatches, WearOS or not, is you have to recharge it often.

Best Answer

@JulioD

Thanks for the post...but it didn't work for me.  The connection shows as bonded, but the same old "Bluetooth Issues" message comes up.  MiA2 lite and Charge 2.  I tried forgetting the Charge 2 in the phone bluetooth and bonding again, but it won't bond. I got a message saying "could not communicate because of an invalid PIN or Passkey".   I guess the problem whatever it is is quite device specific so solutions work with some devices and not others... 

Anyhow like I said in my last post, expecting the Fitbit Moderators to say anything other than "We're working on it" is a waste of time.  Just read the thread on the Huawei Honor 6x and you will see what I mean.  Those guys have been waiting more than a year for a fix...

Best Answer
0 Votes

After applying the January security patch I can once again reliably sync my Fitbit zip to my Google pixel 2. No need to pair the Fitbit to my phone, it works like it always used to: just turn on Bluetooth and sync. I have no idea what changed but I'm just going to go with it, no thanks to Fitbit support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Nokia 8 has uograded to Android Pie this morning and suddenly my fitbit charge hr does not sync anymore. Aaaarrrggghhhhh

This thread is six months old and yet no solution????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey mate!

I also got the Mi A2 Lite and I also got the same problem. 😕

Your solution didn't worked for me, in the bluetooth menu it only says " trying to establish a connection". After 10-25 seconds that text dissapear and I have to connect again.

Do you have any more tricks for me maybe? 

Thank you in advance 🙂 It's a little bit annoying to get messages on the Charge 2 😕 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my Charge2 appears bonded when I start the nRF app, I can connect but then it does NOT show any characteristic nor it can read it. The fitbit app fails to sync.

No progress 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

YES NOW IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forced a DISCONNECT then UNBOND then bonded again (failed at first, bonded again) then connected and now it syncs.

Thank you!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit is not in my Bluetooth menu. Can't pair. Can't find the Charge 2 in
my phone, a Nokia 8.

I think Fitbit can't solve this. They know about these problems since
August 2018. Yet no solution whatsoever.
Best Answer