Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9.0 the culprit on sync issues or something at Fitbit end?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I contacted customer support a couple times about my Fitbit Ionic not syncing with my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

Before calling I had already uninstalled/reinstalled the app on my phone and they would not sync. I had also done 2 factory resets on the Ionic and the only way I could get it set back up was to use the app in Windows 10 with a Fitbit bluetooth dongle.

During my first phone call with support they told my my Galaxy Note 8 was only partially compatible, something like 80% and assured me it was a fine phone and there was nothing wrong with my phone. Also during the call they said that there had been connectivity issues ever since Android 9.0 had been released. I suspect the August 27th Fitbit app update to 3.4 is what killed my sync ability to my phone and subsequent updates 3.4.1 and 3.5 have not restored it. They did tell me they were having some issues on there end and I should call back a few days later.

During my second phone call to support, 5 days later, I was able to sync my Fitbit by using my Windows 10 app. But only once. After that the "reset" something on their end. Then I was able to sync using Windows 10 and even once using my Galaxy Note 8 app! But shortly after getting off the phone the Note 8 would no longer sync and Windows syncing was quite difficult.

So long story short I still struggle to sync my Fitbit to my PC and forget the Note 8. Which incidentally would sync flawlessly for the first 17 months I owned my Ionic. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

So update. My original Ionic completely stopped syncing in any way shape or form shortly after my first post. I tried a factory reset and it would never take, via PC connection or my Note 8. After a call to Fitbit they gave me 25% off a new tracker, I purchased another Ionic. It is setting up right now. I'll post later on how well a brand new out of the boxer trackers is working! Thanks for reading.

7 hours with the new Ionic and all is well. Looks like it must have been a hardware issue all along. I would like to say thank to Fitbit as all 3 of the calls I made I got excellent customer service.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

So update. My original Ionic completely stopped syncing in any way shape or form shortly after my first post. I tried a factory reset and it would never take, via PC connection or my Note 8. After a call to Fitbit they gave me 25% off a new tracker, I purchased another Ionic. It is setting up right now. I'll post later on how well a brand new out of the boxer trackers is working! Thanks for reading.

7 hours with the new Ionic and all is well. Looks like it must have been a hardware issue all along. I would like to say thank to Fitbit as all 3 of the calls I made I got excellent customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes