Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues with Android app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Android Fitbit App behaving like a petulent child. So for the past few days, my Android app has failed to locate the tracker more than once, randomly logged out, stopped working, and doesn't load beyond a teal bar up top that says "Fitbit", on a white screen.  

My Windows 10 app (well done with that, by the way) doesn't have any of these problems. Any solutions? 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @rohanshankarx12, good to see you here! I'm wondering if you have tried to do some troubleshooting steps on your own?

If your app is logging you out randomly, please visit the following post. Also I would like to recommend the following post for syncing issues: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this). Give it a try, you will find all the solutions and recommendations to address this issue.

See you until the next time. Don't forget to keep me posted.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey, I've done everything but the app is still having problems now and then finding the tracker.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @rohanshankarx12, thank you for keep me posted. Make sure you phone is listed as compatible. Also if the issue persists I'm wondering if you have tried to use the "Always Connected" option in the Fitbit app? This improves the Bluetooth connection between your phone and tracker. However turning on this feature may cause the battery on your tracker to drain more quickly than normal.

The other option is to connect your tracker as a new device. To do this just make sure your tracker has sync your information before. For more details please take a look at this post.

See you later and hope this issue be resolve.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem has existed only for the past week or so. I haven't changed my phone or my tracker. Always connected has been on from day 1.  

Is there any way to correct this without reconnection? I am managing with the Windows app for now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Have had my fitbitcharge2  just over a week and all was well. Then on Friday it wouldn't sync for some reason.have tried turning wi-find on and off. Same with blue tooth. Have full Internet signal but it keeps saying no compatible items found.Have cancelled and reinstalled app but nothing. Getting very frustrated. Can someone one help please 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @rohanshankarx12, thank you for the additional details and I'm sorry until now had the chance to reply.  

If your tracker still is not syncing I believed this is more an issues between the connectivity of the tracker and the Bluetooth of your phone. I taking point in the fact you are able to sync with your computer. So is not an issue with the tracker; otherwise the issue will persists with your computer too.

Since our last conversation what's the status of this issues, is still persisting? Did you try to set up your tracker as a new devices? Almost all the troubleshooting steps has been tried at the moment; so if you do not want to reconnect your tracker, the other option in case you haven't tried it, is to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app. Just make sure to sync before you proceed.

See you later!

Best Answer
0 Votes