Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875

In the last week or so, food entries are not be registered in the App.  I enter the appropriate food but nothing shows up in the daily display.   Thus I can no longer keep track of food intake nor calories.  Exercise is registering appropriately.  Without the food intake, the device is not particularly useful.  Help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 4 app on tablet is losing logged information in food and calories.  Calories not showing in graph at top of food log.  Online support chat was a waste of time.  Told me to uninstall app and reinstall.  Asked about losing information, I was told it is stored on their site and I would not lose anything.  Uninstalled and reinstalled, lost last 3 days of logged food, is now blank.  Does that mean Fitbit has a computer issue on their end?   Reentered breakfast today, graph showed up.  Will watch to see if it is now fixed, may need to pick up phone and call is it is not resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just found out this is a known issue.. which they are working on 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is still broken... it seems to log/sync random items at random times of things I've been trying to track over the past few days. But it's very spotty, nothing consistent, and lot's of stuff missing when viewed from the web site. None of the suggested fixes are working and no app update yet since this all started. Very annoyed and frustrated that I can't accurately track my calories right now.

Best Answer

Oh yeah, for the first time today mine is completely broken and not eventually updating.  At least that makes me think they're actively working on it.  I'm not TOO mad since I don't pay for it or really NEED it, but I can understand why some people would be.  This IS pretty crappy.  😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

I created my own Custom food called QCal and assigned it one calorie per serving. Now I add my Quick Calories this way.

Best Answer

Hello @Intothesun 

I think you will find that this is a currently known issue that is being worked on. It seems the Food tile contents…logging food, calories in, calories out, etc) seem to be having an issue. I’d follow this thread here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Fitbit-app-not-tracking-food-and-calories-intake/m-p/514... If any new updates or fixes arrive it should be noted in that thread. 

😉 I hope pointing you in the right direction helps

Best Answer

This is happening on my Android as well.

Version 3.9.51 (20263715)

It seems to be isolated to just my calories logged for dinner.   Removing and the re-adding the food does nothing.  I noticed that this meal does not appear on the web dashboard.  Oddly it does count the macros correctly.  I've also noticed that the nutrients aggregation is completely broken.  It shows incredibly high numbers 

I opened a case with Fitbit support:

I was told my device is ineligible for warranty making it clear your support staff did not bother reading my issue.

Broken nutrients page https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fcnDGva4rQJdEX7-9kpiwqL0HyGGuZLL/view?usp=drivesdk  

Calories in page (notice my dinner meal)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f_su908ftr-fG2JUklVfjk21XfF3cozt/view?usp=drivesdk 

Rest of the calories in page with remaining meal totally over what is recorded as calories in.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1feqmA6PDPvKyaN8v19ncnyd8Pb4jbQ-9/view?usp=drivesdk 

Screenshot_20220601-185702.png

Screenshot_20220601-185645.png

Screenshot_20220601-190110.png

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same thing.  I have done all the fixes they recommended and to no avail.  

Best Answer
Thanks.

Am creating lots of Custom Calories and adding them using the Anytime
option which sounds similar to your work around.

Any news on a proper fix?
Best Answer
0 Votes

No fix yet!! Everything was working till mid-April when for no apparent reason it stopped. When I called support I was told there is no fix expected in the near future and to just keep looking for an update.

Best Answer

Hello @jacksol422 

I think you will find that this is a currently known issue that is being worked on. It seems the Food tile contents…logging food, calories in, calories out, etc) seem to be having an issue. I’d follow this thread here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Fitbit-app-not-tracking-food-and-calories-intake/m-p/514...If any new updates or fixes arrive it should be noted in that thread. 

😉  I hope you get it sorted out quickly 

Best Answer

Hello @McCoySue 

I think you will find that this is a currently known issue that is being worked on. It seems the Food tile contents…logging food, calories in, calories out, etc) seem to be having an issue. I’d follow this thread here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Fitbit-app-not-tracking-food-and-calories-intake/m-p/514...If any new updates or fixes arrive it should be noted in that thread. 

😉 I hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes
How hard can it be?
Best Answer

Is there a release date for the next version?  I am having the same problems with food tracking and would like to see it fixed soon.

Best Answer
No updates from fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully they let us know when fixed happening to me to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your continued reports and feedback. I've moved some of your posts to this thread so we can keep the forums organized. I understand how important it's to track accurate data on the Fitbit app and I'm sorry you're having this inconvenience with the food tile. As mentioned in my previous post, our team is aware of this situation and they're working to release a solution in the next Fitbit app version. Once you see an update available in the Play Store, please make sure to install it.

I truly appreciate your patience and rest assured your feedback will be passed along to keep our team informed of your experience.

Best Answer

Same, people be having problems for years found a post from 2017 with similar issues, this is ridiculous. I'm changing to another brand soon.

Best Answer