Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875

Hi everyone.

Thanks for keeping me posted about this situation. I understand how you're feeling and I'm sorry you're going through this experience. Currently there isn't a time frame for the fix; however, please know your comments haven't gone unnoticed and will be forwarded to our team so they can be informed of the impact to all of you.

Your feedback is truly appreciated and this thread will be updated as soon as I receive more information from our team.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed. I worked in software development for 10 years and to not have a
time frame for a fix is poor project management.
Best Answer

I currently work in software engineering as well, and have for more than twenty years now. I know it's not easy. However, where I work it would never pass muster to not have a timeline to fix something like this. These things can take some time, and you certainly don't want to rush a fix out that might make the problem worse. I get it. But, I'd probably be fired on the spot for not having a timeline, and also for not keeping customers updated accordingly. It just makes you look incompetent as a business, or maybe like you don't care. Any smaller business would be on their way out of business with this kind of treatment. 

Best Answer
This is poor project management. Fix it soon or you will have Fitbit’s
being returned for refund
Best Answer

Thanks @ToniBnFL for the workaround. This tells us that the problem is either: a) The app is not sending data to the Fitbit servers, or b) the servers are not accepting the data submissions from the app. So I don't think you want to mess with uninstalling and re-installing the app at this point if you don't want to lose your food log. Hopefully, the data will be sync'ed to the servers when a fix becomes available.

As for the issue not getting fixed for a long time, what's happening must be either one of these:

1. Customer service hasn't escalated the issue to the product team (They said they have... I truly hope that's true)
  2. The product team thinks this is not important enough to prioritize (I suspect this is the case. Which is why they are not telling us an ETA)
  3. An engineer assigned to this issue does not know where the problem is or how to fix it (This would be hopeless)
Best Answer
I was just about to uninstall Fitbit app and reinstall after reading your
post I have decided to wait there must be thousands of customers possibly
millions very dissatisfied with this delay in fixing the problem
Best Answer

When will this update occur? It's now more than 2 weeks in and I've tried everything including deleting and reinstalling the app, force closing as previously advised, and the app still isn't logging any daily food entries. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

Is there any further update on this as I am having the same issues beginning a few days ago.... I have checked and there is no update available for my fitbit so all that's completed and I have attempted logging out etc as others have tried- is this continuing to be an issue? What can be done? Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

One would think that an issue which obviously affects many customers gets prioritised appropriately in the product backlog, but apparently this is not the case. Otherwise it should be possible by now to give a rough estimate of when this bug will be dealt with in which sprint allowing additional time for getting the update certified and rolled out to the PlayStore. This is bad product management and bad customer communication in my opinion. Also it seems that no regression testing has been implemented in the development process so old bugs reappear when making changes to the app or fixing other bugs. Great example for mediocre software development 😊

Best Answer

Agree 100%. With a background project management/ agile software development this is unbelievable. Like someone else said, I would.have been fired if we didn't have a timeline.

Best Answer

I have installed the updated app today. The app is worse than ever, my calories that I  entered as 'quick calorie ' have now disappeared so I have lost everything back to 27th May.

Best Answer

Worked for about a week and now nutrients are incorrect again. This is how it began the first time and then it stopped tracking my calories completely. This is getting unacceptable.

Screenshot_20220608-125522.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. It is good to see you all here in the forums. 

Welcome to the newcomers. Thanks for reaching out regarding the food log tool in the Fitbit app. I understand this is a feature most of us use each and every day. There are currently some problems with the food log in general. I assume the tool is affected overall. Fitbit is working on a solution already. Please wait for the next app update. I appreciate your patience. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

This has been an issue since 3.591 release. Any idea when the food tile issues will be fixed

Best Answer
Mine has started registering cals and foods again. Maybe glitches fixed???
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! And I can't find anything in "help" to help. 😡

Best Answer

@Super8 @Nanrb Thanks for the reply. 

@Nanrb I am glad to read that your app is working as expected now. Could you confirm which app version do you have installed on your phone?

@Super8 Please make sure to keep the app up to date. The situation has been reported and Fitbit is working on a solution. There is no specific time frame. However, it seems that it could be fixed with the next app update. I appreciate your patience. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

"However, it seems that it could be fixed with the next app update"

Really? That's the best fitbit can do? 

Best Answer
Mine started working last night No updates or shutdowns or reinstalling.
Best Answer

same issue starting today, June 8

Best Answer