Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875

Hi @Super8  - are you using an iPhone? Or do you have this 3.60 on Android?

What changed in this version?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried this and lost all my food data since day one. It worked again for a
day and stopped once more, so I won't be trying that again until the update
is live on Android.
Best Answer

It did not

Cheers, Kal
_________

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found that this problem is not present in version 3.58 on Android. So apparently something went wrong with version 3.59.

Best Answer

Mine started working yesterday! I'd gotten the 3.6 update a week ago, and it hadn't done anything at first. Yesterday I was trying to log in here for this thread and messed my password up and needed to reset that. After re-entering my fitbit app with new password the calorie thing was finally working. Could have sworn I'd done a hard logout before too, but I guess that did it. Lost weeks of calorie data, but all my frequent and custom items are there and things are working as they should for new entries now. 

Best Answer
I posted earlier stating that uninstalling and reinstalling would be the
worst thing but I just discovered that logging out and logging back in is
equally harmful. I lost my food log for 3 weeks by doing so.
Oh well. What can I say. I have version 3.60.
Best Answer

I am not seeing the 3.60 version available to download in the Play Store. It is still showing the most recent version as 3.59 from May. How do I get v3.60?

Best Answer

Good question. From what I hear version 3.60 didn't fix issue either

Best Answer

Well that is annoying. As someone who works in tech, I have sympathy for the developers - I'm sure there are lots of moving parts to account for when making updates - but considering how many people are affected by this bug you'd think they would have QA'd the update more carefully.

Best Answer

Agreed. I've created ticket with Support and contacted Support Twitter account. It's been a month now and they should just revert to version prior to 3.591 when it worked.

Best Answer

I just checked their release notes for the Android app and 3.59 and 3.59.1 are conspicuously absent, lmao. I don't think pretending this update never happened will solve anything...

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. I found the invisible arrow, but all the custom foods that I have added show nothing  but a blank white rectangle were the measuring systems dropdown should be. However, there is no trouble with changing to exact measurements with foods already in the databases.

This is highly problematic since most of my cooking is from-scratch custom dishes.

I just switched from an iPhone to an android. There was never a problem with the previous software. Since it appears that this problem has been going on for months, for other users, it looks like I will have to immediately stop recommending fitbit to friends and instesd tell them about the lack of customer service. 

Best Answer

Gave it a day to see if it'll show up, still no update in the play store. 

Best Answer

No great loss as I've heard 3.60 didn't fix the food tile issue 😟

Best Answer

My app just started doing it this week. Or the calories are logged, but the calories counter shows 0 for the day.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue since 6/07/22. Food data mysteriously disappears after entering it, actually MONTHS worth of food records were deleted off my account. I've started using My Fitness Pal for food logging, and fitbit for exercise tracking. Using two apps is annoying, but it's one workaround at least.

How are the updates rolled out? I'm in CST, and as of right now (6/15/22 at 1:25pm) the update isn't available 

Best Answer

Same here. Fitbit Support said it should be in Play stores but I haven't seen it either. From what I hear 3.60 does NOT fix the problem

Best Answer

My phone says it has 3.59.1 and I have the food logging issue as well as no longer auto-recognizing walks.  One excuse for the walk issue they gave me was it had to be longer than 15 minutes (which they have been).  In addition, I had my settings so it would sync as soon as I opened app (maybe even without that) but that all stopped as well and seemingly no way to fix it.

Best Answer

Having trouble with food log as well. I add the food, but on the home page of the app, it still says "Start logging food." Nothing shows up there. The bar graph also does not show the calories anymore. It has not recorded the calories on the bar graph for at least 2 weeks now. And the "Recent" list no longer updates. New food has not been listed under Recent in at least 2 weeks.

Best Answer

Nothing changed. I made mistake of logging out and logging back in and lost all custom food entries. All the Food Tile issues started in 3.591 version. They need to fix this!!

Best Answer
0 Votes