Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875

I note this is an old thread but this has happened to me in the last 2 days. Not only does the mobile App not log food onto the online version but I have lost 'my favourite foods' column to the right of the list.  (I have frequent, recent, custom, but no my foods). Was this ever resolved a year ago and if so, how do I fix it on my app today?

Best Answer

Having the same issue as you. When I tried it on my current custom food it would change back to the original unit and size

Best Answer
0 Votes

The calories left that are shown on the tile on the main screen are the amount of calories you have left (or are over) for the whole day assuming you don't do any more workouts.

The calories left shown on the food log page are the number of calories you have left so far today, so your budget will change depending on the time of the day you look at it.

If you look at the bar charts on the food log you can see your in and out bars, and the out bar will slowly increase during the day. The difference between the in and out is the "calories left" value used on the food log page.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update? This is still happening. 

Best Answer

Ditto. All food in the app doesn't match dashboard and vice-versa. Why am I paying for premium service if this doesn't work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues here, for the past 3 days 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Yesterday I was still having the problem with my food tracker. Is there an ETA for when it will be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same problem here once again, food tracking is KO. Very poor job from Fitbit still repeating that similar issue 😐

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi thank you for advice, I tried first to delete and redownload the app and
that worked! Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Although I am entering my caloric intake daily, there is a disparity between what I enter and what is displayed on the app dashboard, bar graph and daily log.  Everything was correct until 24/5/2022 and starting that day and every day since, the information is not displaying correctly. I've tried quiting the app, restarting my phone (Andoird), and relaunching app/re-syncing my Versa 2 all to no avail. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great! I discovered not much later that it happened again. I hope this
isn't a regular thing 😕
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing has happened to me 🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since yesterday, the calories burned and calories left have gone haywire on the Fitbit App, it is saying I have about a lot more calories left than I should have, I have tried everything, reboot, force stop, bluetooth off, etc etc, but it's still the same.  It just happened for no reason.  I have a Samsung S21 Ultra.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @evosam 

I’ve seen this issue being discussed in multiple forums across both iOS users and Android. Like yourself nothing has fixed the issue yet that I’ve personally seen. It seems to have occurred since the last Fitbit App update. I’m seeing it discussed heavier in the android users. I’m sure Fitbit has to aware by now that something is amiss and hopefully it will be addressed in the next update. I know this wasn’t the answer you were hoping to find here but I do hope I provided you with the best answer for the current situation. I’d just hate to see you restart your Fitbit, uninstall- reinstall the Fitbit App (etc) because I haven’t seen anything yet that has solved the issue so I wouldn’t bother trying to make your calories correct. I’d just keep checking for a software update ….fingers crossed that update will be forthcoming soon. 😉

Best Answer

Hi, 

I know there is a tech issue going on, I got ahold of tech on Monday because my food looking wouldn't sync after doing all the troubleshooting steps other than resetting my fitbit which I've done 3 times today, was able to log breakfast but that's it. Can't log Lunch steps aren't counting and have deleted app and reinstalled multiple times. I don't know how to resolve this issue from here since I've gone through all the troubleshooting steps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

By the way @evosam  I can’t personally move your post to either the Android Forum or the IOS Forum (depending on what type you use) because I lack the power to do so. Maybe one of the moderators or community council will do so if they see this post. But it might help posting in either of those forums since it’s definitely an App issue. It will get more traction. 

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same type of issue. Nothing has changes on my setup, but for the last 2 days the app calories in, out, remaining are not correct. Look at what is logged and what is shown to be calories in. These numbers do not match. It also shows more calories out than in, but says I'm over budget. There is no way that's possible. 

Screenshot_20220526-171833_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@evosam   I can move your post to the Android forum.  It’s possible that a moderator will merge all the posts from the affected users into one post to keep things organized.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you @LZeeW! 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Goingnowhere77 , Thank you for your reply and further information. I'll merge your messages to the thread that is discussing these, so that you receive the latest updates about this. 

Thank you for your patience. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes