Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875

I wonder when 'soon' is?

Best Answer

Mine started working (for now) after i did these:

1. Download myfitnesspal and sync it to fitbit

2. Delete few items from my food log via website

Now i can log calories using the fitbit app directly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info! It's so frustrating!

Best Answer

But how long must we wait? The fact this is still an issue over a month later is not fixing the issue expediently. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

Thanks for reaching out regarding the food log on the Fitbit app and your feedback. I understand this is a feature most of us use each and every day. This situation has been reported already and Fitbit is working on a solution already. I really appreciate your patience. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see the reply that we need to wait for the update to the Android app, yet I'm seeing people with IPhones reporting the same issue.  That tells me it's not a problem with the app, more a problem within the FitBit network.  I hope they are looking  for a solution beyond just the  next Android app update.

Best Answer

I have same problem.. 😡fustrating... something is wrong

Best Answer

Been having the same issue as well. Hope it gets fixed soon. Never realized how much I rely on it.

Best Answer

Mine started acting strangely on the 25th, late in the day. I entered food and it subtracted it from my calorie intake and added it back to calories left for the day.  Nothing in my food log is showing on my online dashboard since then. Today, the 29th, when I scroll down to other days on my smartphone app and just look at the totals, they are correct but if I click on the individual days they are crazy wrong.

Since they can give us no time frame for addressing this problem, does anyone here have suggestions for other apps you might use to keep track of calories in - assuming our calories burned is correct on the fitbit? Or for another company's tracker?  This just seems like an incredibly sloppy bug to have allowed through in the update. And makes me question what else may be inaccurate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue last two days.. Very frustrating as I rely on the app for not only calories but the nutrients. Hoping this gets fixed soon, love my Fitbit and the app. 😞

Best Answer

Okay so this is a little tough to explain, but bear with me. So i entered an new custom food into the fitbit app as I've normally done in the past and everything seemed normal. After I hit save, it went into my listing of food that I ate, however, that was were things got weird. The total calorie count for the day did not reflect this new custom food that I added. Additionally, the custom food was not in my "recent" tab either, but It was in my custom food list. So after clicking on the food again a few things were messed up. Firstly, the servings unit was gone, but the serving size was visible. Next when i would change the serving size from . 5 to 1 the calories would double and then that number would then save and reflect in my daily calorie count. It still would not show up in my recent tab. So now, entering in the edit custom food screen the servings unit was rest to bars, and the serving size would change, but none of those changes will save. Instead, they would re adjust all crazy depending on the numbers that i would enter. If i readjusted the numbers larger, they would reflect in the daily calorie count, if i readjusted smaller, it would not reflect. 

So this is as best as I can explain the issue, its really quite odd. Everything is up to date and i've tried force stopping and restarting my phone multiple times. I'm still waiting to try uninstalling/reinstalling the app. But any insight would be helpful.

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KateMarie96 

This is most likely a known issue being discussed here:https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/After-updating-the-app-not-tracking-food-and-calories-in... I can’t personally move your post to that thread but maybe a moderator or a community council sees your post and moves it for you. In the mean time I would participate and follow the thread in the link I provided so you can keep up to date with any solution that might emerge. 
😉 Hopefully it will get sorted out soon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey thanks for the link. I read some of those before, and i agree, it may be another issue stemming from the update. We'll see, hopefully it gets fixed soon!

Best Answer

If I want to file the values of some kind of food the app take as size of the portion only 1 bar. I could choose grams but if I file it it shows only 1 bar. 

Do you have an issue in the app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

It is getting to the point now where I am wondering if it is time to jump ship and find another supplier. Have had various devices dating back 5 years. Problems since last update (ok on 24th May 2022) include, food data not synching with online site, recent food list is about a week out if date, "start logging food" tab is not showing calories. My firmware says 3.59.1. Will wait for fix but looking around for replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fed up with Fitbit and all the issues, each update brings more problems, I've watched many of my friends over the past year leave Fitbit due to all the issues, guess I be going soon to as this is every update and every week some new problem materializes, yet when I mention this to them I get told they don't have these issues with their Garmin/apple/oppo smart watch and can't understand why on my 5th Fitbit device I'm still with Fitbit, guess I can't understand why I'm still with Fitbit still when as the years go on the problems are more frequent with more problems. Fitbit needs to give itself a good hard kick up their own backside and sort themselves out fast as I can't be the only one considering going elsewhere? Yet when customers go elsewhere that's where they stay till that provider starts having issues and then they be off elsewhere, think about it.

Best Answer

Experiencing all the same issues.  Very frustrating.  

Nutritional values are not accurate,  mostly inflated. Sometimes, calories don't count at all. 

Fitbit customer service has not been helpful at all.

I have cleared the cache multiple times, un-installed, re-installed the app. I have loaded the app on my husbands phone and get the same bogus results. I have tried on the web version to no avail. 

I have reported all this to customer service. Their response is to clear the cache and reboot phone. Which does not work. 

I am about to give up on fitbit and find a tracker that may actually work.

If anyone has solved this your input would be welcomed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started having the same issue this week.  Very frustrating as that's the main purpose I use the app for. 

Best Answer

This is painful! I've had the last 5 days of food logging disappear entirely. Even on the actual website!  Everything was there (although it showed as 0 calories logged, the food log was still there) and then today when I followed the instructions to log out, force quit, restart phone,  log back in blah blah...those 5 days vanished.

It's discouraging.

Best Answer

My issues started about a week ago also.
The app has become useless to me , being diabetic those values are
important to me.

Very painful , and customer support just brushes the issue off.

Best Answer