Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Oxygen OS 9.0.1 not syncing Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi 

I updated my OS to 9.0.1 and on Oneplus A6003 phone j5 days ago and ever since then I cannot get it to sync with my Charge 2. I have reinstalled the fit bit app on my phone and switched bluetooth off and restarted it on my phone. The phone has also been rebooted.

Other items still sync fine via the phone's bluetooth .

Has anyone else had a problem since the 9.0.01 came out or is my device at fault?

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Yes, it appears quite few people (not me) are affected by the issue

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Android-9-0-Pie-not-able-to-sync/m-p/2884861#M82160

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your suggestion but the other respondents seem to refer to the previous android update Pie ver 9.0. I have downloaded the latest version Oxygen ver 9.0.01

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just realized you spoke about Oxygen (One plus). 9.0.1 is a minor update by OnePlus of the version 9 (always based on Pie, that is only at version 9) so I'm not sure. Was it working with version 9.0?

Best Answer
0 Votes

By the way, did you try to remove your Charge 2 from your app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it was working. Unless the device now has a fault?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I honestly don't think it's a fault of the device.

I would do the following:

- delete device from Fitbit app

- forget the bluetooth connection of Charger 2 at Android BT setting

- IMPORTANT: Android Settings/Apps and Notification/Fitbit - > clear storage

- login again in the fitbit app and try to set it up again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did all the steps. Perfectly fine before OS upgrade. Now cant even find device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I missed this threat before I replied to you next one. Yes it did work fine with ver 9.

I will follow your advice regarding removing the fcharge 2 from the app and then report back.

Cheers

Stephen 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many thanks for your help and advice, I have now got it working again by rebooting the fitbit device.

kind regards

Stephen

Best Answer

Hi, i have had the same issue ever since the install of the new version. I have rebooted the Charge 2, I have uninstalled the app and forgotten the device in my Bluetooth settings, I have installed the app again and restarted my phone and it still comes with the same error message in the app when I try to pair the devices again. Did you do it in a specific order to get this to work? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Abernyteman try to follow the steps I mentioned in my earlier post exactly. Particularly important is to forget the device in the BT settings AND delete the device in the Fitbit app.

Best Answer

HI 

I removed the app from my phone then rebooted it before reinstalling the app on my phone.

I then  connected the Charge 2 to its charger and once it had started to show that it was charging I held in the button until it vibrated. Thereafter it synchronised as normal with my android phone. Good luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks guys, I tried all of that and still nothing worked. I ended up doing a factory reset as someone on another forum recommend to do that after every system update. It worked like a treat and I can finally connect to and sync with my Fitbit again. 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

As mentioned before, our team is aware of the situation with Android 9. While at this moment we do not have any updates, please do know that our team is working on this situation.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes