Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app logging massive steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Android app is logging 19000 steps between 1115pm and 1130pm every night while I sleep. Left the fitbit at my daughters house and the app logged it again, but not on the fitbbit itself. Did factory reset. Tried reinstalling the app.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Alltsonl - this is not normal behaviour, try chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ Thanks for your help. 

@Alltsonl Welcome to the forums. Thanks for your post about step logging on the Fitbit app, your initiative to solve this and for the explanation. 

From what I can understand, the Fitbit device is not related to this step tracking, rather your smartphone. So no need to restart the device. Please note that there is a feature that lets you set up your smartphone as a tracking device. Which means it will count steps. I have seen that sometimes this features records crazy amounts of steps. It could be due to vibrations or other factors. 

Given that you have reinstalled the app, I assume that MobileTrack is deactivated by default. However, please check the following to make sure. Open the Fitbit app and tap on your profile picture. There you will see a list of the paired devices. If MobileTrack is showing, please remove it from your account. You can then keep an eye on the step count during the next days. Hope this helps. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

@RodrigoMFitbit  - thanks, is it really possible that MobileTrack can add 19,000 steps in 15 minutes at night, every night?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!! It was the mobile tracker. With it off, no more night steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes