Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app using older devices.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My main phone broke recently so as a stop gap till I can afford a new one I have gone back to using my old HTC desire of about 8 years vintage. This runs a lowly version 2 of android. Although the app will install on this device and display my data, I cannot sync it to the Flex 2 band. I am assuming this is because it isn't compatible. When I go to devices I can see the Flex2 there but I cannot see how to sync, there is no button or anything. On my newer (Broken) phone I would pull down the top and it would sync. I have tried 'set up new device' but it just hangs with a lovely picture of the band.

Is there anyway I can use my FitBit with this older phone does anyone know? If not how else can I use it? I don't think it works with the Bluetooth on a laptop (windows xp or 7) does it? I haven't been able to before. I assume I need Windows 10.

Thanks.

Keith.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @KeithScarfe,

Wow, Android 2.x! Sorry, but I don't think the hardware of a phone that old will support the Fitbit app-- it requires at least Bluetooth 4.0.

Fitbit does make a USB dongle to sync to older PCs, that might work in your case:

https://www.fitbit.com/shop/accessories/wireless-sync-dongle

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Android 4.something is needed. I'm not sure if your phone has the required Bluetooth low energy.. 

Your tracker is listed because it is attached to your Fitbit account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes