Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Android users unable to sync after Samsung Update (8/8/17)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/19/2017: 

Hi, Samsung users! It's great to hear you are backing to syncing your Fitbit trackers. Since many of you have confirmed the newest Samsung update for Verizon users on a Samsung Galaxy S5 resolved this syncing issue, I'm going to close this thread.

Please check out this link here on the Verizon website: Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Software Update. They state this update included:

• A fix where the device was unable to connect/pair with some Bluetooth devices.

Thanks everyone for your cooperation while a fix was put in place. If you are not a Samsung Galaxy S5 owner and were not affected by the update from 8/8/17, then give our standard troubleshooting suggestions a try. If anything new pops up in the future, please make sure to open a new topic. 

Fitbit Update: 09/14/2017: 

Samsung has released a new system update that contains a fix for this syncing/pairing Bluetooth issue from the last update. If you see the update available for your device, please update your phones. Let me know how it goes! I will be around. 

Fitbit Update: 09/07/2017:

Hey, Samsung users! Thanks so much for patiently waiting while our team investigates this problem with the last Samsung OS update from 8/8/17. I really appreciate the cooperation and willingness to help from everyone. The investigation is still ongoing and continues to be top-priority for our engineers. Thanks for your help while they work hard to have a fix soon! 

Fitbit Update: 08/24/2017:

Thanks to everyone who has added additional responses! At this point, we have gathered enough information for our engineers to research. It is no longer necessary to provide information about your Android Device/Network. Thanks so much for your cooperation as the Android team keeps investigating what caused this syncing issue with the Samsung update. I'll be sure to keep you all posted!

Fitbit Update: 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several Android users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Fitbit Update: 08/10/2017:

Hey everyone! Thanks for reporting this syncing issue since the Android update from 8/8. Our team is currently investigating and I will provide an update when I have information available. In the meantime, I recommend syncing with another mobile device, or through a computer. Thanks again for bringing this to my attention! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1,284 REPLIES 1,284

Did it work after that? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the last Android App update I've had a large number of problems.  My wife is having similar problems too.   The Fitbit will only sync over Mobile Data not Wifi, the app constantly logs out and the  data is not consistent or is just plain missing.  Shutting down and restarting the phone and Fitbit make no difference.  We are both just about ready to give up on Fitbit and look at something else.

Best Answer

I'm looking into getting a different brand watch. I've had nothing but problems trying to sync my Charger 2 and spend more time trying to figure it out than I do walking.

Best Answer
So far, no luck... I was able to sync on my PC, via Bluetooth, but that
only happened after almost an hour with Fitbit customer service... I got my
first Fitbit in July of 2012 and it has literally been a lifesaver;
however, this is almost too much pain to endure!
Best Answer
Yeah, I'm back to recording food in a notebook while just tracking steps by
looking at the watch. I kinda know how much I can eat based on past
experience, but the non-syncing makes me crazy. I tried following the
instruction for syncing with an android...laughable.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer

Has anyone heard from FITBIT on the issue? It seems like th Android update had a widespread affect with Bluetooth. 

Best Answer

They have been very responsive.  I've talked with them by email and on the phone. I was able to fix the problem on my phone.  See my earlier post with directions. 

Best Answer

hey, 

so your method does work, but it only works once, after that i need to do the whole process again. any news from fitbit on if they can fix this issue permanently. this started happening to me only since this past sunday on fitbit alta HR

Best Answer

It did not work for me.  I have tried everything troubleshooting I have seen either by speaking with an agent and on this thread and nothing has worked.  I updated my phone right after I synced my fitbit at 5:22 and that is the last time I was able to get it to sync.  The agent I spoke to didn't hadn't even heard of this being an issue. 

Best Answer
I guess it was fun while it lasted. I won't buy an iphone just to have
access to FitBit.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

Best Answer

They keep telling my sister and I to buy a new fitbit instead of addressing the issue. I have been a member since 2014 they used to have great customer service and the last few times I have had an issue they have just told me to buy a new fitbit.

Best Answer
I won't call them any more. They act like it's my fault that their product
doesn't work.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

Best Answer

This is so annoying as the Flex is not syncing even though I got a new one and got help-- what's the Sorry? 

Best Answer

I've been having the same problem since my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone updated its software yesterday. Nothing that I've tried works. I'm glad that I am not the only one having this problem. I guess that I'll keep synching my fitbit with my computer until they figure this out. Sigh...

Best Answer

I have a galaxy 7. I hate it. I wish it would die so I'd never have to use a phone again. Remember the old days when you went for a walk without counting steps and didn't have to carry a phone with you everywhere you went? I miss those days.

Best Answer

I just chatted with a representative, Melissa, who said it was a bug having to do with the upgrade and it would be fixed in a couple of days.  She said Fitbit will make an announcement in the community and possibly on the Facebook page when it's all set. 

Best Answer
Well, if it's a bug, it's been there since I bought my charger 2 more than
8 months ago.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

Best Answer

My fitbit one stopped syncing on my samsung note 4 after an android software update on 8/8.  It syncs on my windows 10 PC just fine.  The message is " tracker not found."  Tried to reinstall fitbit app, bluetooth settings, etc. The phone doesn't want to pair with the device.

Best Answer
So what are our options? We loved using it then it isn't available. I'm digging out my old IPhone to test if it works on that.

Sent from my iPhone

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any attachments originate by electronic mail from OM Management or Physicians Health Center Both this document and any attachments are intended for the sole use of the addressee indicated above and may contain proprietary, privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use or disclosure of this information is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are not authorized to receive it, please notify the sender by reply email, then promptly delete the original and reply messages. Thank you for your cooperation.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info Tracy. I've tried every suggestion, but nothing has worked so far. Hopefully they will get the bug fixed quickly! 

Best Answer