Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Android users unable to sync after Samsung Update (8/8/17)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/19/2017: 

Hi, Samsung users! It's great to hear you are backing to syncing your Fitbit trackers. Since many of you have confirmed the newest Samsung update for Verizon users on a Samsung Galaxy S5 resolved this syncing issue, I'm going to close this thread.

Please check out this link here on the Verizon website: Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Software Update. They state this update included:

• A fix where the device was unable to connect/pair with some Bluetooth devices.

Thanks everyone for your cooperation while a fix was put in place. If you are not a Samsung Galaxy S5 owner and were not affected by the update from 8/8/17, then give our standard troubleshooting suggestions a try. If anything new pops up in the future, please make sure to open a new topic. 

Fitbit Update: 09/14/2017: 

Samsung has released a new system update that contains a fix for this syncing/pairing Bluetooth issue from the last update. If you see the update available for your device, please update your phones. Let me know how it goes! I will be around. 

Fitbit Update: 09/07/2017:

Hey, Samsung users! Thanks so much for patiently waiting while our team investigates this problem with the last Samsung OS update from 8/8/17. I really appreciate the cooperation and willingness to help from everyone. The investigation is still ongoing and continues to be top-priority for our engineers. Thanks for your help while they work hard to have a fix soon! 

Fitbit Update: 08/24/2017:

Thanks to everyone who has added additional responses! At this point, we have gathered enough information for our engineers to research. It is no longer necessary to provide information about your Android Device/Network. Thanks so much for your cooperation as the Android team keeps investigating what caused this syncing issue with the Samsung update. I'll be sure to keep you all posted!

Fitbit Update: 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several Android users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Fitbit Update: 08/10/2017:

Hey everyone! Thanks for reporting this syncing issue since the Android update from 8/8. Our team is currently investigating and I will provide an update when I have information available. In the meantime, I recommend syncing with another mobile device, or through a computer. Thanks again for bringing this to my attention! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1,284 REPLIES 1,284

I have a fitbit flex and it's doing the same thing. My phone updated this morning and now it just says tracker not found. I've tried everything and nothing has worked 

Best Answer

Same issue with my fitbit one, tracker not found on my Samsung s5. The android update was G900VVRU2DQF2. What do we do to fix this issue?

Best Answer

Same thing for me on the NOTE 4 - the latest update screwed the pooch me thinks.

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit One and a Samsung Galaxy S7. I have never had my phone say that it recognized my Fitbit device yet the app always magically will update. Sometimes it takes several tries to refresh the data and on the rare occasion I have had to restart the phone or plug my Fitbit into the computer for that reset. It is a pain with the whole "not recognizing" bit and you would think I would not have this problem since I don't have some low-budget or obscure cell phone but it seems there is always a problem between Fitbit and Samsung devices.

Best Answer

I have the same issue with a Fitbit Zip and a Samsung Galaxy 5. An update came through on August 8 and since then I get a "tracker not found" error message when trying to sync. I've run through all the suggestions in the troubleshooting help article pertaining to syncing with no luck. Any other suggestions or official word on this?

Best Answer

FYI, just spent over an hour on the phone with customer support. They couldn't get it to sync with my phone or my laptop. Even using the USB accessory. They did provide a credit in case I wanted to replace the device. Good luck, everyone!

Best Answer

Same issue here on a Note 4.

Best Answer

Oh no! That is not what I was hoping to hear!  Thanks for updating! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem--with all devices, including my Windows 10 computer using the USB dongle and Bluetooth.  I thought it was related to the Android upgrade, but that surely wouldn't have affected syncing with my computer.  Something is definitely wrong that all of these devices have quit working...?

Best Answer

I have had my Charge 2 for almost a year and I have not had a problem. I have always been able to pair my phone and receive notifications on my Charge 2. This last week I cannot sync my with my phone. I have restarted my phone and turn off my Bluetooth and I still get nothing.

Any suggestions??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Seems like a different issue. I could sync up with my co workers iPhone
like that... so it's the android update for me versus the device
Best Answer

I have the exact same issue with my Fitbit Flex. Phone updated yesterday and has not been able to find my tracker since. Hope there is a fix soon!

Best Answer

Hey everyone! Thanks for reporting this syncing issue since the Android update from 8/8. Our team is currently investigating and I will provide an update when I have information available. In the meantime, I recommend syncing with another mobile device, or through a computer. Thanks again for bringing this to my attention! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me. I spend an hour on the phone with Verizon tech support this morning. My two fitbit trackers stopped syncing via bluetooth as soon as the Android update was installed. Any idea how long we will have to wait for a fix?

Best Answer
My windows 10 surface PC and dongle have not been impacted, just my phone.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Fitbit will not update with a chromebook, so no other device for me. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a charge 2 same problem Deleted fitbit from app and will not allow it back on
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with my surge as well as another device, garagemate, that connects in an identacal manner. Both stopped working at 11:25 PM PDT on last Monday. 

I just spent an hour or more on the phone with Verizon. I just finished a complete factory reset, (what a nightmare) and still no sync. Looking at bluetooth in settings. Under Paired Devices it says Surge(Classic) connected as an input device

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. 

It would be usefull if we all posted what kind of phone we are using.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here..Very frustrating...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using the S-5 as well. As mentioned, my Surge & One stopped syncing right after the new Android update on 8/8/17.

Best Answer