Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Android users unable to sync after Samsung Update (8/8/17)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/19/2017: 

Hi, Samsung users! It's great to hear you are backing to syncing your Fitbit trackers. Since many of you have confirmed the newest Samsung update for Verizon users on a Samsung Galaxy S5 resolved this syncing issue, I'm going to close this thread.

Please check out this link here on the Verizon website: Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Software Update. They state this update included:

• A fix where the device was unable to connect/pair with some Bluetooth devices.

Thanks everyone for your cooperation while a fix was put in place. If you are not a Samsung Galaxy S5 owner and were not affected by the update from 8/8/17, then give our standard troubleshooting suggestions a try. If anything new pops up in the future, please make sure to open a new topic. 

Fitbit Update: 09/14/2017: 

Samsung has released a new system update that contains a fix for this syncing/pairing Bluetooth issue from the last update. If you see the update available for your device, please update your phones. Let me know how it goes! I will be around. 

Fitbit Update: 09/07/2017:

Hey, Samsung users! Thanks so much for patiently waiting while our team investigates this problem with the last Samsung OS update from 8/8/17. I really appreciate the cooperation and willingness to help from everyone. The investigation is still ongoing and continues to be top-priority for our engineers. Thanks for your help while they work hard to have a fix soon! 

Fitbit Update: 08/24/2017:

Thanks to everyone who has added additional responses! At this point, we have gathered enough information for our engineers to research. It is no longer necessary to provide information about your Android Device/Network. Thanks so much for your cooperation as the Android team keeps investigating what caused this syncing issue with the Samsung update. I'll be sure to keep you all posted!

Fitbit Update: 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several Android users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Fitbit Update: 08/10/2017:

Hey everyone! Thanks for reporting this syncing issue since the Android update from 8/8. Our team is currently investigating and I will provide an update when I have information available. In the meantime, I recommend syncing with another mobile device, or through a computer. Thanks again for bringing this to my attention! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1,284 REPLIES 1,284
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  Purchased 20th August I've not been able to connect at all ?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung 7 edge
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Nouget
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? EE 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Issue started Aug19 at 4:45am I have Android7 and Verizon is my cell provider. Fitbit is a chargehr 

Best Answer
0 Votes

8-8-17

Galaxy S5

Marshmallow 

Verizon

When will this be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fiber sent me free of charge new Flex, however same issue as first Flex after Android update, so what's the solution Fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Min is a Galaxy Note 4 and occurred August 8th, immediately following the latest update. I've been working with Fitbit, but no luck, so far.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's exactly my problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? August 8
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Marshmallow 6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon

I also can't sync with my Windows 10 app! Only way I can sync is with the dongle attached to my antique desktop that runs VISTA!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It was 8/8...I'm updated to version 6.0.1 marshmallow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000283 EndHTML:000026249 StartFragment:000025300 EndFragment:000026047 StartSelection:000025304 EndSelection:000026042 SourceURL:https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Android-users-unable-to-sync-after-Samsung-Update/m-p/21... users unable to sync after Samsung Update - Fitbit Community

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? August 19 after 9am,  about 12 hours after upgrading the Android OS. 
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?  Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?  6.01
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, still nothing...the problem started with the upgrade.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I am entering the conversation late:

I have a Surge; after the Samsung udate  earlier this month (August) I couldn't get the fitbit to pair.  They sent me a replacement fitbit. Still won't pair.  Gets as far as "connecting" and then fails.  I hope fitbit and samsung techs are talking to each other.

R Scullin

Best Answer
0 Votes
The problem started for me on 08/08/2017, the day of the update.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello....how can I get off this feed? I'm getting tons of email and I'm kinda "done" with all of this. I already did the debugging thing and sent it to the appropriate email with no resolution to my problem. I'm just going to call it a day and get another tracking device from another company.

Thx!

Gemgirl

I want to UNSUBCRIBE to this feed!!!!!
Best Answer

1.  8/8/17

2.  Samsung Galaxy S5

3.  Version 6.0.1

4.  Verizon

Best Answer

How do you unsubscribe?   I don't see an unsubscribe option anywhere!

Best Answer
0 Votes

cog wheel at the top of this page

Best Answer

This is beyond ridiculous this syncing issues has been going on for almost 2 weeks and you have not fixed this. I haven't gotten a new phone and a new fitbit and it's still not syncing when will this issues be fixed!!!! 

Best Answer
You are so Right.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree have had fit bit zip all most 2 years. Consistent problems with synching.  I tried a Garmin but it wanted access to my contacts so returned it 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. About 9th August.
  2. HTC One Max
  3. Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop)
  4. Not living in the US. (CHT, Taiwan)

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes