Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Android users unable to sync after Samsung Update (8/8/17)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/19/2017: 

Hi, Samsung users! It's great to hear you are backing to syncing your Fitbit trackers. Since many of you have confirmed the newest Samsung update for Verizon users on a Samsung Galaxy S5 resolved this syncing issue, I'm going to close this thread.

Please check out this link here on the Verizon website: Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Software Update. They state this update included:

• A fix where the device was unable to connect/pair with some Bluetooth devices.

Thanks everyone for your cooperation while a fix was put in place. If you are not a Samsung Galaxy S5 owner and were not affected by the update from 8/8/17, then give our standard troubleshooting suggestions a try. If anything new pops up in the future, please make sure to open a new topic. 

Fitbit Update: 09/14/2017: 

Samsung has released a new system update that contains a fix for this syncing/pairing Bluetooth issue from the last update. If you see the update available for your device, please update your phones. Let me know how it goes! I will be around. 

Fitbit Update: 09/07/2017:

Hey, Samsung users! Thanks so much for patiently waiting while our team investigates this problem with the last Samsung OS update from 8/8/17. I really appreciate the cooperation and willingness to help from everyone. The investigation is still ongoing and continues to be top-priority for our engineers. Thanks for your help while they work hard to have a fix soon! 

Fitbit Update: 08/24/2017:

Thanks to everyone who has added additional responses! At this point, we have gathered enough information for our engineers to research. It is no longer necessary to provide information about your Android Device/Network. Thanks so much for your cooperation as the Android team keeps investigating what caused this syncing issue with the Samsung update. I'll be sure to keep you all posted!

Fitbit Update: 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several Android users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Fitbit Update: 08/10/2017:

Hey everyone! Thanks for reporting this syncing issue since the Android update from 8/8. Our team is currently investigating and I will provide an update when I have information available. In the meantime, I recommend syncing with another mobile device, or through a computer. Thanks again for bringing this to my attention! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1,284 REPLIES 1,284

Did not.work for me

Best Answer

Booo, I have the same (ONE & Samsung5. I just looked for a FITBIT App update & did not see one. So the update you took may have been an older one, perhaps. Meaning it was published prior to the S5 Sotware update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried everything, as I've had a flex for years. I even have a backup flex, and I tried pairing it, STILL not working! PLease resolve asap, we have a step competition at work and I'm losing valuable days...

Best Answer

Same here. After the last update, there are plenty of problems with synchronization. Today my Fitbit app was going totally crazy. Couldn't synchronize with Charge 2 and with the web service. It was mostly hanging on startup. I reinstalled it. Didn't help. Also for the last couple of days, I'm being constantly logged out and asked for credentials in the app. It's really annoying. Please fix it. The new update is a nightmare.

Best Answer

Going on day 3 now with no way to sync my Fitbit after the latest Galaxy S5 update, frustrated as many others are as well.  

Best Answer

Installed a fitbit update this morning but still a no go. Flustrating that something that normally works so well is not working. Come on software people, get us a android fix that works.

Best Answer
I gave up.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, in Step 2 -- is this a factory rest of the FitBit or a power off & on only??

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

now it won't synx on my PC either!

Best Answer

@NebFit wrote:

A new Fitbit application update was released to my phone this morning (version 2.55).  I applied it but no luck fixing my Fitbit One to Galaxy S5 sync problem.  I have restarted both my Fitbit and my phone.

My problems started immediately after the latest Samsung Galaxy S5 update.

I am now running:

Fitbit version 2.55

Android 6.0.1

Kernel 3.4.0

Build number MMB29M.G900VVRU2DQF2

I already had Fitbit app v. 2.55, and when I got the update to N915VVRU2CQF2 (the same as yours, but on a Galaxy Note 4 Edge phone), that's when the Fitbit quit syncing.

Neighborhood walker
Best Answer
This sucks

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
This sucks

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

Any news on this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been any updates on this issue?  My fitbit charge will not sync with android or apple products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted on Fitbit's facebook page and was told to try the troubleshooting of why my fitbit won't sync.  I am trying to figure out if the are actually working on fixing the issue or if they still think it is people's individual devices.  Needless to say they have not responded back to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit One on Samsung Galaxy S5 here.  Did the update this morning around 9 a.m. and my last sync was at 8:56.  I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Also, wife's Fitbit Charge on her IPhone is syncing just fine.  Looking at you, Verizon...

Best Answer
Hello TVGuy22. I am having the same issu with my Surge Fitbit not syncing to my Samsung Galaxy S5 after updates.
Best Answer

I'm still syncing and it's a massive improvement on V2.54 where my syncing involved sync errors, rebooting phone and restarting Bluetooth. Bluetooth was being turned off by something. If this success continues it had to be V2.54 causing my issues. But as I mentioned earlier this is on a non tested Sony phone.

That will totally cloud the issue after following these posts..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had an update on the fitbit app today,  it still is not working.  It shows that the flex was synced 3 hours ago but no data.  Then I tried to sync and there is a red circle with an (!) In the center of the circle.  Still not working.

It has been over a week and this issue is not being resolved and the company is not updating us with any type of information about what is being done about this issue.  A lot of customer a going to start looking elsewhere for a different tracker.  Very poor customer service to not advise people.

Best Answer
Called customer service and they could not help me fix it. They said they were aware of the problem, but gave not resolved it yet.
Best Answer
0 Votes