Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Android users unable to sync after Samsung Update (8/8/17)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/19/2017: 

Hi, Samsung users! It's great to hear you are backing to syncing your Fitbit trackers. Since many of you have confirmed the newest Samsung update for Verizon users on a Samsung Galaxy S5 resolved this syncing issue, I'm going to close this thread.

Please check out this link here on the Verizon website: Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Software Update. They state this update included:

• A fix where the device was unable to connect/pair with some Bluetooth devices.

Thanks everyone for your cooperation while a fix was put in place. If you are not a Samsung Galaxy S5 owner and were not affected by the update from 8/8/17, then give our standard troubleshooting suggestions a try. If anything new pops up in the future, please make sure to open a new topic. 

Fitbit Update: 09/14/2017: 

Samsung has released a new system update that contains a fix for this syncing/pairing Bluetooth issue from the last update. If you see the update available for your device, please update your phones. Let me know how it goes! I will be around. 

Fitbit Update: 09/07/2017:

Hey, Samsung users! Thanks so much for patiently waiting while our team investigates this problem with the last Samsung OS update from 8/8/17. I really appreciate the cooperation and willingness to help from everyone. The investigation is still ongoing and continues to be top-priority for our engineers. Thanks for your help while they work hard to have a fix soon! 

Fitbit Update: 08/24/2017:

Thanks to everyone who has added additional responses! At this point, we have gathered enough information for our engineers to research. It is no longer necessary to provide information about your Android Device/Network. Thanks so much for your cooperation as the Android team keeps investigating what caused this syncing issue with the Samsung update. I'll be sure to keep you all posted!

Fitbit Update: 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several Android users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Fitbit Update: 08/10/2017:

Hey everyone! Thanks for reporting this syncing issue since the Android update from 8/8. Our team is currently investigating and I will provide an update when I have information available. In the meantime, I recommend syncing with another mobile device, or through a computer. Thanks again for bringing this to my attention! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1,284 REPLIES 1,284

My FitBit Flex, which has always worked great, has not synced since Wednesday, which is when the software update went through on my Android phone. When can I expect this to be resolved?

Best Answer

Same w my Fitbit flex.  I have tried everything I can think of ...  unistalling...  re-pairing.... resetting Bluetooth ...  UGH... so frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wednesday is when both my husband and I had flex failure.
Best Answer

My Fitbit won't sync with my Android even though I haven't completed the Android update of 8-8-2017.

Best Answer

Same issue. Uninstalled fitbit app and installed same app. No luck. Rebooted s5 phone and fitbit surge. Still no luck.

Totally frustrating.

Best Answer

HellOOOOO FitBit, any update on when this issue will be fixed.  We are waiting,!!!!

Best Answer

My Samsung Note 4 and desktop will not even find my Fitbit One using Bluetooth on 2 different devices.  I ordered this about a month ago.  Received it on July 27th, it worked counting steps until August 3rd. I forced stopped the app, shut down and rebooted. It's still not even finding my Fitbit 1 let alone getting it to sync my last 7 days of missing steps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't they respond?

Best Answer

When I contacted customer service, they acted like my call was the first, until I mentioned all of the complaints on this forum. They then quickly told me that they were working on a fix.

Best Answer

Has anyone heard about this in the news?  This is a big company with what appears to be a big product failure and not a peep in the news world?  I think we should all send a link to the related threads on the FitBit community website to our local news stations.  Perhaps then we'll see some action. 

I have not been able to get my Flex to sync with my Galaxy S5 phone, my Galaxy Tab2 or the Windows 10 app since Wednesday evening.  "Tracker not found" on all three.  I'm ready to go out and buy another unit but you can't bet it won't be a FitBit -- not because they have had an issue, but because they have not resolved it and are not communicating about their efforts to fix things or the estimated timing for resolution.

Best Answer

Social media is a good way to start putting extra pressure on them. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube. I've had companies respond a lot faster after being bombarded with negative comments pertaining to their faulty products. Unfortunately, besides us users and the company, nobody else will see the comments posted here.

Best Answer

I have posted on their Facebook page. Still haven't received a timeline for a fix.

Best Answer
I have the dongle. No go on my Windows 10 computer.
Best Answer
I have the dongle. No go on my Windows 10 computer.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wife and I both have a Flex, have not been able to sync since Monday the 8th. Had Android update on Monday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I needed to reboot my ONE via the PC in addition.  Just toggle didn't work.

Best Answer

Yes, after we put the dongle in and went to fitbit.com/setup. Go to pick area, install windows, then select launch,  then make sure bluetooth and location is on, on phone,  then sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got off phone with fitbit people, yes they are working on problem,  will be a few days before a fix.  Yes, can still get steps from my "One" to my chart using my Dongle. After we plugged the dongle in the computer and opened a web browser, type in fitbit.com/setup. Scroll down and Go to the area highlighted in pink, it reads install windows(this is my kind of computer) install it, then make sure bluetooth and location is on first on your phone, then select sync in the application on the computer that you just launched.  I pinned that page to my task bar since going into just the regular app on the computer, that will not sync either

Best Answer

I have both a Flex and a Charge 2. The Flex has been offline since the Android update. 

The Charge 2 will not sync with my Galaxy s5. I have to sync with my laptop and dongle and then it will push the data to the phone app.

My Galaxy s5 is now going bonkers. It keeps sending out messages that it's trying to connect to any and every bluetooth devise I have ever connected with. 

Something went very wrong with the Android update. I hope it gets resolved soon. We're in the middle of a huge step challenge at work with several other companies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, I thought I was replying to individual posts,  how do I delete the duplicates?  

Best Answer
0 Votes