Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Doesn't Recognize Device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello!

I just picked up a Fibit Zip.  I downloaded the App onto my Android.  Twice it picked up my Zip.  However, it continuously says it cannot find my Zip despite the fact that it's 6 inches away and running.  What am I doing wrong that it will not recognize my Zip?

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @RevEd

The Fitbits use bluetooth, but they pair to the email addresses.

The Zip user manual and related articles can be found here - click to go there

This article shows (videos, too) how to set up your Fitbit. click to see it

Sometimes a person will set up using a computer, then log in with their mobile device. Is that something that could work for you?

Let us know what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Odyssey13! 🙂 Welcome to the Forums @RevEd! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Zip and the Fitbit app for Android.

Adding to the great advice by @Odyssey13! You can also make sure that your phone is listed in the Supported Devices List. Sometimes, non listed Android devices may meet all the requirements by the system allowing them to sync intermittently. Keep in mind that it's not fully supported and tested by our development team and this connectivity may not always be successful or some of the features might not always be available.

Keep me posted with the outcome! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

@Odyssey13and @LucyAP  Thanks for the feedback.  However, my Zip still has issues.  I can sync via my laptop and the USB connector (doogle?)  but the App on my Android claims that my account has been synced but the App still shows O steps taken.

I am sorry but this should work - I purchased the Zip as it is the only option that does not require a wristband (which I don't want) and the information on Fitbit's website claims it works with Android devices.  But it clearly does not work with Android as I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and reset the Zip (taking out the battery and putting it back in 10 seconds later.)  However, I can still not sync with the App on Android.  I carry my Android with me when I am away from home, so the App is totally useless and doesn't help me to track anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RevEd  what version Android and what phone do you have? I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8 with the system 8.0 which had an update yesterday. It works for me to sync and my friend with the Zip has an older Android system (Samsung Core Prime phone) and has no problems.

Let us know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13Hi.  I have an Acer Android.  It claims it's a version 6.0.  When I bought my Zip, the information claimed it would work with an Android device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RevEd  I don't see your phone on the supported device list.

If it's syncing, your Android ought to be showing more than zero for your steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome help @Odyssey13Heart Thanks for the reply @RevEd! As kindly mentioned by @Odyssey13, at the moment your Android device is not listed in our Supported Devices List and this might be the reason you are not able to sync with your phone. 

While we are always working to improve our app's compatibility with the wide range of Android devices available, we have found that certain devices have limitations that we can't resolve. This may be due to hardware components in the device, outdated versions of Android, or manufacturer imposed limitations.

In the meantime, you can try restarting your app to see your synced information. To do so, log out from the app and force quit your open apps. Then, reboot your phone and log back in. Also, please make sure that you have tried the suggested troubleshoot in the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

If this doesn't work, keep in mind that you can still use the Fitbit app on your Android device to track food, activities, and more. The app will automatically download the latest synced tracker data from the Fitbit.com dashboard, so as long as you're within range of your computer, you can see your updated stats. 

Catch you later! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

@Odyssey13and @LucyAP  Thanks for the feedback.  I have tried everything.  The App is not working properly.  One of the reasons why I bought the specific product was the claim it would work on an Android, so I am very disappointed that I was misled on this issue.  When something is supposed to work on an Android device, then it should work on all Android devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RevEd.

I understand your frustration on the matter, thanks for your feedback.

In this case what happens is that while all Android phones use the same Os and are built similarly, they are not the exact same. They all have different hardware and software configurations that could lead to some apps not working correctly with the device that you are trying to install them on. There are some apps, for that matter, that will not even open on some devices given that there is no compatibility.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer