Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App crashing when open "add friend" screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have been trying to add friend both via Dashboard +button, and via Community >Friends >Add friend. Each time the page loads breifly, then closes before the standard Android crashed app message appears.

That's you community page cripples then if you want to friend somebody. Please fix this.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @Ldma666, great to see you have joined the Fitbit Community! Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering if you are able to add friends using the online-Dashboard? For more details in case you are having troubles, review this article: How do I connect with friends on Fitbit?

Back to the app, when the app is crashing usually is due to an instability in the installation or some essential updates are not installed in the Android OS.

I'm sure you have the most recent version of the Fitbit app, so I would recommend to try these steps: log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

If the issue continues, try to uninstalled the app and install it again. Also, make sure the app is installed in the internal storage of your phone. Only in case your phone has the option to install apps in external memory storage.

Hope this helps. Catch you later if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes