Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Am getting sick and fed up of my fitbit and am tempted to flog it. Have had no location changes, update when possible. But some times, more often than not the app doesn't save my exercise. At the end it shows 10miles and then it disappears! No proof, no splits....nothing. Am livid and also disappointed in a product that I would never recommend to someone I liked! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Sorry to hear of the problems, @Runningmad, but it would be helpful if you could provide a little more information so that we can offer some solutions.  Which Fitbit tracker do you have? What version of the Fitbit app do you have? How are you tracking your exercise that is getting lost? Are you using the app Mobile Run feature?  If so, are you using the Pause function during the exercise?

Please provide as much specific information as you can.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Am using an Alta - Firmware 21.21.38.12. The app is version 2.47.
I track the run by clicking on the stopwatch and plus button top right.
Wait for gps and start. I sometimes pause, today I did as we stopped for
water, no auto pause means have to. At the end of run, i have to press
pause to get the chequered flag up. At that point all details of journey
are there and they are not. Am seriously fed up with it.
Thanks
Chantelle
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Am using an Alta - Firmware 21.21.38.12. The app is version 2.47.
I track the run by clicking on the stopwatch and plus button top right.
Wait for gps and start. I sometimes pause, today I did as we stopped for
water, no auto pause means have to. At the end of run, i have to press
pause to get the chequered flag up. At that point all details of journey
are there and they are not. Am seriously fed up with it.
Thanks
Chantelle
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, @Runningmad, there is known bug with the Mobile Run feature that if pause & resume is used the exercise activity is lost after the exercise ends.  If pause & resume is not used, the exercise it tracked and saved to your app.  Fitbit is aware of this bug, and is working on a fix to it but there isn't any expected date for a fix that I know of.  Meanwhile, if you use the Mobile Run feature, avoid using the pause & resume option and it should save your exercises.  You may want to check out this thread on the subject:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Missing-MobileRun-map-pace-data-Android-2-44/m-p/1863612...

Best Answer
0 Votes

So cannot pause, so time details are not accurate and therefore product is not doing it's job....until known bug is fixed. Ideal. Thanks for letting me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is correct, @Runningmad.  Hopefully, it will fixed soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes