Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App keeps changing manual weight entries

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Fitbit app keeps changing my weight logs. I manually enter my weight each day. When I go back the next day, that entry or other previous entries will have changed by 0.1 lb, 0.2 lb, or more. This makes no sense and should not be happening, especially on a health/fitness/weight app of all things. 

I am actively trying to lose weight, and syncing my weight and steps with Noom, which requires you to weigh in every day. It is important that these numbers be accurate. I've had to disconnect Fitbit from syncing to Noom because of this.

I searched the boards before posting and apparently it's been an issue since 2016? And people have kept saying it's a problem through 2023? Y'all. That is unacceptable. How has this not been addressed? How hard is it to let manual entry data stay set? Maybe now that Fitbit is owned by Google this can actually be fixed. 

Fitbit app V 4.11 (110035547); Android V 14

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@Tetralix, that’s really a strange thing to be happening! I’ve never heard of that problem before. I weigh and input weight daily, and the app has never change the weight amount for me. It’s gotta be a setting somewhere, but I can’t think of what it is.

Versa 4 through a Motorola Razr 2023 // Retired Charge 5, Blaze, Versa and Charge HR // Fitbit Fan since 2016, 50+ pounds lost
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback, but there are a ton of posts in here about that. It's a known issue. If you search for it you'll see many posts and replies back to 2016.

I was syncing with Noom (only syncs one way, Fitbit to Noom) and it was changing it there, too, and messing up my progress graph. I've disconnected them in case that's a contributing factor. I'll see if it helps. But like I said, other people have been experiencing this for years, without that factor.

I mostly just wanted to report this and hope a mod or support person sees it, like in some other posts. It's ridiculous that it's been an issue this long and is still happening. 

Best Answer

Mine keeps doing it too. Really annoying. Since Google took over it’s much harder to find support online. Have you managed to contact anyone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes