Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App keeps saying invalid email/password

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i have uninstalled the app, forced stopped the app, reset my phone, and reset the password... i can log in on the computer but no in the app. and it is updated the the most recent version

Moderator edit: clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

After doing some further research I have found/figured out the problems. Im not real sure what solved it but I reset the network connection on my phone itself and it allowed the app to let me log in and also stopped my sync problem while on wifi.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Sorry you’re having this problem, @TimCraven. But I’m glad you found us here. You’ve done a good job of trouble shooting but it may be best if you contacted Fitbit Support  directly. Please let us know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @TimCraven! Thanks for chiming in @SunsetRunner.

@TimCraven This does sound quite bothersome.

Have you contacted support like @SunsetRunner mentioned? Please let us know.

In the meantime I'd like to thank you for troubleshooting before posting in here. I'd like to ask you, does the app get you some sort of error message? If so, what does it say? 

Could there be some sort of typo on the email address being entered on the computer or in the app? Perhaps they are not exactly the same and that's why it won't let you.

Look forward to your reply. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Sorry for the late response everyone. Thanks for the advice and support! So I have found out that it is only when I am connected to my WIFI that it will not sync. When I turn off my wifi and go to my cell network it syncs with more problem....  Any idea as to why?  I have full bars when connected to my wifi

Best Answer
0 Votes

After doing some further research I have found/figured out the problems. Im not real sure what solved it but I reset the network connection on my phone itself and it allowed the app to let me log in and also stopped my sync problem while on wifi.

Best Answer

Good job trouble shooting! So happy the problem is resolved, @TimCraven!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TimCraven and @SunsetRunner.

As @SunsetRunner said, great job. I will keep what you did in mind to help other users facing a similar situation.

Glad to know that you can connect without any issues now. If you have the time, perhaps you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different things to talk about in there.

Hope to see you around.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was chatting with 3 different agents last night and none of them could solve the problem. I cannot change my password either and its very frustrating that a company like fitbit cannot sort out a minor thing that they created. Its a shame!!!

Best Answer

@Noel321. Welcome to the forums. Here are the instructions for changing a password I found in the Help pages. Hopefully they will help. Tap here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Carol-B

i tried that but the problem is that I am not receiving the email to change the password. I was chatting with 3 different agents last night but they could not help. Would anybody be having fitbit telephone number so I can call. 

Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again, @Noel321. Are you in the US? If so, tap here to get to a page that has instructions on calling Support or live chatting with them. I sure hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I am
Thanks for your help. Will do that.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Noel321. Hello @SunsetRunner.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for helping out! 

@Noel321 How did it go with the support team over the phone? Please keep us posted on the situation. 

If you have any questions on the matter, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I was able to change my password after fitbit sent me a link. I did not have to call
Thank you to everbody who helped.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hey @Noel321.

Thanks for the update! Glad to read that you were able to change the password.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics  to talk about in there with other Forum members.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had this problem twice recently and could only resolve it by re-setting my password using the desktop site. There seems no explanation as to why this should occur?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @alc3261.

Thanks for sharing that resetting the password help.

Unfortunately we do not have any news on why this could be happening. I will be sure to share your experience with the rest of the team and if we have any updates on the future we will be sure to let everyone know.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting this problem has been since at least since March 2018. It's now over a year later.

I just had (and still have) this problem yesterday (19 April 2019). I wasted an hour on chat with "Joel" at support doing the uninstall, etc. with no results. I later went to the gym and their Wi-Fi allowed me to log in. Previously on my home network, I never was asked to log in (aside from the very 1st time ever). This was even when closing the app and restarting it later. 

Tim,

Could you describe what you meant by "resetting" your home wi-fi connection? I tried disconnecting and re-connecting my wi-fi on the phone with no positive results. When I first saw this problem yesterday, I did the usual (Windows) computer solution of re-booting my phone with no positive result. Going to the phone cell connection isn't an option for me at home as I have very poor reception. My home internet is via a line of sight point to point wireless connection with good reception. I have a fast wi-fi router connected to my internet. I just tried rebooting my router with no success. Same problem.

I say that this problem is "solved" is VERY PREMATURE !

Fitbit needs to resolve this problem !!!! If there is something Google (Android) is doing then Fitbit needs to resolve this issue with them.

I getting a bit sour on Fitbit now. I paid a premium for my Fitbit thinking the software would be better than a cheap fitness tracker's software.

Best Answer

Sorry about replying to my own earlier post but I just discovered something that solved "MY" login problem (YMMV).

After doing the customer support dance, "uninstall, reinstall, change the password, ..." with no result, I noticed that the Fitbit app would allow me to login at the gym but not at home. The wi-fi at the gym was recently changed a couple of months ago from a completely unsecured open site to a login type with a password (BTY, the Fitbit app worked fine there before). My home network wi-fi login was created nearly a year ago on my then new phone and long before I got a Fitbit. Incidentally, I could use my browser to web surf with my (Android) phone at home with my automatic wi-fi login (this was before my next step below).

This indicated that there was something wrong with the home wi-fi login for the Fitbit app. So, I deleted my home wi-fi login on my phone and then re-entered it on my phone. Same home SSID and password. This time, the Fitbit app allowed me to login. As I said, before, all my other apps worked fine before.

This tells me that the Fitbit login isn't a normal app login on my phone, but some sort of abnormal login. Very suspicious!

As I am NOT a runner or jogger (in spite of the default tag assigned to me), I mistrust Fitbit's "need" to know my location. All my other apps do not require it, except for only 1 which I grant for a good reason. The online reference page blames Google for requiring it but I doubt it if I don't want Fitbit to track my location. I really object to allowing Fitbit to know my location without a real need for anyone not  a runner or jogger. An exception should be given for non-runners or joggers, and even for them that run the same path all the time, why the need?

I then remembered a news article I read last year. It said US armed forces wearing the Fitbit tracker could be mapped out in potentially hazardous combat zones. I'm not in a war zone or ever in the military but I am cyber security conscious. Revealing one's daily tracking opens up potential attacks by someone with evil intent (I don't think I have a stalker out there) ...

Some links to the news articles:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/a-map-showing-the-users-of-fitness-devices-lets-the-world-see-w...

https://theintercept.com/2018/01/29/strava-heat-map-fitness-tracker-us-military-base/

http://fortune.com/2018/01/29/strava-heat-map-fitbit-fitness-tracking-military/

I hope this helps some else with a login problem.

-- Teri_L

Best Answer

FWIW, i was able to get around this by temporarily disabling my vpn and logging in.

Best Answer