Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App no longer updating steps in real time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Starting recently my Android app no longer updates steps live. I now have to click sync or drag down from the top of the app, often twice to get it to download the steps.

I have an Inspire2 with a Pixel4 phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@justinbroughton Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

There was a syncing issue with the Android app, which was fixed with the latest app version (3.43.1). Also, make sure that you're following these tips to use the Fitbit app on your Android phone. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have version 3.43.1 of the app and it still has the same problem. Previously steps would update in the app in real time so that as I walked I would see it increase.

I have the latest Android OS installed and have followed the tips mentioned, but no luck.

I see the foreground notification for the Fitbit sync service and that seems to be what has changed since it stopped updating in real-time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It turns out you need to select the service notification and accept another dialog to pair with the device. That fixed the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@justinbroughton Thank you for getting back. Glad to hear that once your Inspire 2 was paired to your app, your steps started syncing in real time. 

Have a good weekend. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too!  iPhone doesn’t do live update.  Very frustrating. This happened with the Fitbit update I did this week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes