Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App on phone not tracking distance

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I downloaded the app yesterday afternoon, and it tracked a whole .94 miles in two hours and stopped. Step count kept going, but did not reset right as I looked last night and I was at 13500 steps. I'm at 19000+ right now, still going from yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @Tcb2533, welcome to our Fitbit Community! How are you tracking your exercise? In your Community profile I'm not able to see a tracker paired, so I believed you are using MobileTrack that does not require to have a tracker and only uses your phone sensors. Is this correct?

If the steps are not resetting and kept going to the next day, make sure your app is updating your information and the timezone setting are correct. The steps reset at midnight based on your local timezone so review this settings are correct. The following post will provide you the details for this.

Now the distance is determined by your stride length. By default, stride length is calculated using your height and gender. For more information use this post as a walkthrough.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes