Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App says I have update when it's already up-to-date

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge coupled with an Android phone. Its an HTC One M9 with Sprints version of Android 5.1 (Lollipop).  Its not unlocked.  My fitbit app will connect and sync however it doesnt' work as designed. 

First issue is the app constantly tells me my Charge needs to be updated.  I run the update as it suggests (this takes about 20 seconds) and then says i'm all up to date.  It will always say my charge needs to be updated regardless of how many times i update it. The warning will never go away. Another issue is
it lists my last sync time as 3 weeks ago (when I first got my Charge). I'm able to sync fine, but it will always give the wrong sync time. Lastly I've never gotten a caller ID work nor does it make my charge vibrate when there is an incoming call. I actually dont really want this feature, but I wanted to report this is not working for me
I suspect this app (like many) are built for Apple's iOS and simply ported to work "good enough" for Android users. 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@tvon Have you tried to uninstall and then reinstall the Fitbit App for Android? I recommend also confirming that your Bluetooth is turned on in your Android phone settings. Keep me posted on if that helps.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @tvon welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂  Have you tried to update the tracker using a computer? If you did I would recommend to contact support so they can review the firmware version of your tracker and determine if it is up to date.  Also I would like to ask where do you see the wrong sync time? Regarding your issue with call notifications please review the help article: My tracker isn't receiving call or text notifications from my Android device

Let me know if this helps! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
AngelaFitBit - I have synced succesfully through my PC with no issues. Also
it says my tracker doesnt need any updates.
In the fitbit app is where it gives the last sync time of 3 weeks ago (when
I first got my fitbit). I'll check out your link, but as I said.. I'm not
really wanting that feature for my Charge.

Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@tvon Have you tried to uninstall and then reinstall the Fitbit App for Android? I recommend also confirming that your Bluetooth is turned on in your Android phone settings. Keep me posted on if that helps.

Best Answer
Erick - Thanks. That appears to have worked. I had to uninstall, reboot my
android and then reinstall. Seems to work as advertised now.

-tg
Best Answer

@tvon You're welcome! Happy to hear that you're back on track. Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes