Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App step tracker wildly inaccurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I left my watch in my hotel room today because I stupidly only bought my leather strap. Not suitable for swimming. When I got back my phone tells me i have done over 200,000 steps. I only walked a very short distance to the pool. Is there a way to reset this? Miles and calories seem to be correct. 

Versa 2: Android device

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @NaomiRainbow 

You can’t delete steps (or floors) But instead you can log a non-step-based activity, such as driving, to override the steps or floors.

Look here to see how it’s done: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1306.htm The directions are under “How do I delete steps and floors in the Fitbit App?”

Your Versa 2 shouldn’t give you such wildly outrageous steps for no apparent reason so I’d also suggest restarting your Versa 2 to address that issue. You won’t lose any data doing a restart. Just press down and hold the button on your Versa 2 until you see the Fitbit Logo then release the button. You should feel your tracker vibrate letting you know the restart is complete.

😃 I hope my response provides you with the best answer to your question and helps you edit the steps you want. Please let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is more common than you might expect, based on reporting within a small fitbit group that I chat with. My Charge 4 would log heart rate activity while in my gym bag in the car, while I was at work. Sometimes I even got extra zone minutes 😁

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer