Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App updated now charge 2 not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit app updated automatically when I went into it. Took a few mins & then my stats for last few days were synced. Watch which was fully charged now gone completely dead-no sign of life when I connected again to charger. Any advice please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I am having a similar experience with my Alta.  It will not sync since I updated the app on Thursday night.  I have tried restarting my phone, and disconnecting the bluetooth and removing tge device from bluetooth.  Now it is not found as a bluetooth device.  I have tried adding it back through the app. I have read on other threads that now after Samsung devices being listed as compatible  now they are not. I am hopeful that fitbit will get this issue resolved quickly and let their users know.  It is definitely not uncommon for large software updates to contain inadvertant issues that breaks other things.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. I don't have any power at all now in the watch. Fingers crossed it gets resolved soon 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it still under warranty?  Fitbit has been amazing about replacing products with defects. I am guessing that you have tried leaving it plugged in to the charger.  I know that I have a few other devices that if the battery is 100% drained, no lights will work until it regains a certain amount of battery charge.  I hope you are able to get it to work. My other suggestion would be to contact fitbits customer support.  I have called and chatted with the fitbit support team in the past and they were extremely helpful.

Of course for my issue, right after I posted I tried one last thing, resetting my alta, and it synced right up.  Seems like if a sofware delivery is going to require a device reset,  they should give the users a heads up.  I have wasted a good amount of time trying to fix my issue.  Not to mention stressing about device compatibility which turned out to be a complete non issue. Technology can be so helpful and frustrating.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it still under warranty?  Fitbit has been amazing about replacing products with defects. I am guessing that you have tried leaving it plugged in to the charger.  I know that I have a few other devices that if the battery is 100% drained, no lights will work until it regains a certain amount of battery charge.  I hope you are able to get it to work. My other suggestion would be to contact fitbits customer support.  I have called and chatted with the fitbit support team in the past and they were extremely helpful.

Of course for my issue, right after I posted I tried one last thing, resetting my alta, and it synced right up.  Seems like if a sofware delivery is going to require a device reset,  they should give the users a heads up.  I have wasted a good amount of time trying to fix my issue.  Not to mention stressing about device compatibility which turned out to be a complete non issue. Technology can be so helpful and frustrating.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea it's under warranty. It was fully charged when it happened so very strange. I'll try customer support. Thanks a mill 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes