Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App vs watch mismatched pixel watch 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've synced the watch dozens of times and restarted everything,it giveth and taketh away.   What gives?

Pixel 8 pro/pixel watch 2, everything up to date1000030109.png

1000030108.png

  

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @lance.lascari welcome, can you please clarify your question? The data on the screenshot (always very welcome - worth 1,000 words) illustrate 0934 - 935 steps, 20 minutes later 0954 - 1078 steps indicating you took 143 steps between those two timestamps. You may find this article of interest How accurate are Fitbit devices? - Fitbit Help Center 

I hope this is helpful but if you are still stuck please post here again.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

The barchart is intended to show steps per hour.   It shows one bar with 45 steps in one hour slot, with the total adding up to almost 1k steps.  The later sync shows more steps and zero bins with steps in them.

I've been in camp Fitbit for 7 years now --and while the presentation and devices have changed, the hiccups of this sort with data mismatch/steps or achievements being nulled is a relatively new phenomenon that I've only experienced in the last few months.  The steps are being recorded and then erased, and a simple human consistency check between stats shows something is wrong.

The bar chart went blank when syncing the watch to the phone, restarting both, clearing caches, etc. 

Q: how do a bunch of bins with zero steps add up to the total?
Q: Why does my watch's "today" stats tell me I have the first hour of activity nailed and it is later blank?

These inconsistencies and changes from one sync to the next are infuriating.

Best Answer

And it gets worse.

After making sure things were sync'd to the best of my ability, I ended up resetting the pixel watch 2, restoring the settings from a backup ...things were fine for a while, I got up to around 1500 steps, then the step count zeroed -- so I have 170 steps for the day(on the web dashboard, watch, app).

How can adding a device wipe out steps accumulated during an earlier hour in the day?
I get that it's hard to uniquely count steps and prevent double-adding things, but basic rules should keep what happened just now from happening (especially if I'm not prompted for messing with data).

Best Answer