Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App won't accept password after update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Surge hasn't synced for a week and I believe that coincided with an update of the app. I opened the app and I realized I wasn't logged in. I tried to log in, and it would not accept the password. I reset the password twice and that did not work. I then uninstalled the app and installed it again. I reset the password multiple times from my Android phone. The app still will not accept a password.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Ryan.rivers03, good to see you have joined the Fitbit Community. I've seen this issue in some users, even I had the same issue a few weeks ago. The way I was able to resolved this error, was changing the password but using the Online-Dashboard. 

Please try to change your password again but this time using the online-Dashboard and try to log in there. Once you are able to log in try again with your app using the new password.

Let me now how it goes, I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, but I can not reach "settings" here on fitbit  (to put a new password) for some weird reason (earlier today i could, and I checked that my original password was correct by logging in and out).  All my other internet is working, but here on my computer fitbit settings will not load, and on my android app it will not let me log in with the correct password, and when i try to have them send a reset, the app fails due to "no network connection" (even though my other apps and internet are working).  In addition neither of my trackers will synch to the computer, and I am getting VERY frustrated! I even tried deleating the fitbit app from the phone and reinstalling, turning the phone on and off, etc to no avail. Two trackers and neither will synch to either computer or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes