Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appaling mobile data use v4.14

A previous post says this has been "resolved" but there is not an apparent resolution in this thread.

App: Fitbit 4.14
Mobile Data usage: 4.19 GB
Carrier: Google Fi
Devices:  Google Pixel Watch 2 LTE, Google Pixel 6 Pro

I have only had my Fitbit device (Google Pixel 2 Watch) since the 2nd of this month. It is within the last week that mobile data usage (through Google Fi) has spiked, with half of that occurring in a 2 hour drive on 4/19 when I most certainly wasn't doing anything with the Fitbit app on my phone (Pixel 6 Pro). 

So far my only resolution has been 'force stop' via the Android App manager. I now have to do this any time I open the Fitbit app to make sure it doesn't go rogue with data use. 

Screenshot-063612.pngScreenshot-064245.png

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @TheNothing 

Thank you for providing the details and a screenshot of your issue. I've escalated your report and will provide an update when I have more information.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

makes me glad i switched back to 3.88

Best Answer

Google Fi bill came in, and I think it's the largest I've had since Fi started in 2015. All thanks to the Fitbit app

Best Answer

Hi @TheNothing , I thought this was just me! My data has evaporated since I had Fitbit to the extent that I keep mobile data off unless I absolutely need it (I don't have unlimited like many people do). I will try the force stop instead so that I can continue to use my normal mobile data apps without eating data. 

I have Charge 6 and Android 4.14. All apps up to date. 

Best Answer
0 Votes