Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps and devices has "update" rather than"connect" for Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Fitbit app on my Android is up-to-date (4.11) - clicking on Update navigates to the App store with just Open and Uninstall as options. No "update". When I choose Open it just opens Fitbit app and the MFP options are unchanged. I am logged in online to both Fitbit and myfitnesspal accounts. A previous question was answered with the instruction to update the Fitbit app, so I should emphasise that it's not possible to update it as it's already up-to-date according to the app store.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

hi, @peadarm, welcome to the community, what were you doing when you saw this instruction? If you have already paired your device to the Fitbit app on your phone try starting the device.

Let us know by posting here again.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As per the menu commands I mentioned, I was trying to link MFP to FitBit (Apps & Devices > Fitbit). Rebooting my phone makes no difference. Nor does having the Fitbit app open or closed. The Fitbit is of course paired with my phone via the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @peadarm, thanks for the update, you may find this article How do I connect Fitbit with another app? - The Fitbit Help Center provides the information you need. FYG up until recently I had a successful connection between MFP & Fitbit using the MFP app, I've recently tried to use Health Connect without success, I suspect it's not fully rolled out here in the UK yet.

I hope this helps but if you are still stuck please post here again.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

Yes, you will need to connect MFP to fitbit since MFP is the author of this connection. 

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039592171-Fitbit-FAQ-and-Troubleshooting

Best Answer