Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze doesn't sync automatically

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the opposite problem. I'm getting sms, call and email notifications on my blaze but it won't auto sync activity. When I manually sync it takes ages to find the device and then ages to actually sync. Have tried resetting blaze. Friend is finding similar problem with iPhone. I have Huawei.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Joofthehills. Welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

It's great that you're able to receive notifications on your Blaze and I'll be helping you with the syncing issues. Before anything else, may I know your phone's model and the Android version? Did you receive an error message when trying to sync? Also, has the Fitbit app been allowed to run on the background from your phone's settings?

If you've not done so, give a try to the following steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the profile's icon > Blaze.
  2. Scroll down and make sure the "All-day sync" and "Always Connected" options are turned on. If they're, turn them off and back on.
  3. Remove your Blaze from the Bluetooth settings.
  4. Turn off other Bluetooth connections nearby. This is just for this process.
  5. Verify that the Fitbit app is updated and reboot your phone.
  6. Open the Fitbit app and wait for the sync.

By the way, I've moved your post to this new thread so you can receive more related responses about this situation, and to keep our forums organized.

Let me know how everything goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzi. Thanks for your suggestions. I'm on Huawei Mate 10 pro, running Android 9. I don't get any error message when syncing, it just won't do it automatically and when I sync manually, takes a long time to find the device.

My app is set to all day sync and be always connected.

I'll try your suggestions.

Best Answer

Hi @Joofthehills, it's great to see you here.

Thanks for replying back with the requested information. It seems that your Huawei Mate 10 pro phone isn't a compatible device, meaning that the Fitbit app hasn't been optimized to work with that model. This might be the reason why it doesn't sync automatically and takes more time to update when manually syncing. While we cannot guarantee its full performance until your phone is included in the official list, please give a try to the steps suggested above and keep me posted.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue and my phone is listed as a compatible device. I have a s10+. It us getting really frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine still isn't doing it. It's weird because I get notifications about
incoming messages/emails and it used to sync steps automatically.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JaniceC2007. Welcome to the Community. @Joofthehills, I'm glad to see you again. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

@JaniceC2007, thanks for joining this thread and confirming that your Samsung Galaxy S10+ appears in our compatible devices list. Since your Blaze isn't syncing correctly, verify if the Fitbit app has been allowed to run in the background and let me suggest to try the following steps:

1. Remove the Blaze from the Bluetooth settings and turn off any Bluetooth connection nearby.
  2. On your phone settings tap on Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  3. Go back one screen and tap on force stop.
  4. Reboot your phone and restart your Blaze.
  5. Open the Fitbit app, tap on your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  6. Choose your Blaze and follow the onscreen instructions.

@Joofthehills, thanks for keeping me updated about your Blaze. Since we cannot guarantee that your Fitbit will always sync and work correctly with the Fitbit app, my best advice is to try with a compatible device so we can determine if the compatibility of your phone is the main factor of this situation.

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes