Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze makes Galaxy S7 Edge crash/freeze & genuine accessories very poor quality

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ive had an S7 Edge for almost a year and have a Blaze for about 9 months.  My S7 started to crash for no apparent reason soon after getting the blaze.  I have spent painstaking hours trying to resolve the issue.  I have factory reset the phone, cleared cashes, uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  I have removed all 3rd party apps from the phone and reinstalled one by one.  I have updated the Blaze software. reset it. cleared cache etc.   After months of going through each app I finally confirmed that it was the Fit-Bit App that is causing the problem.  My phone works perfectly in safe mode.  The only 3rd party app installed now is the Fit-Bit app and it causes random sporadic freezing of the phone.  The notification features on the Blaze work intermittently also.  Contacted Samsung - told me Fit-Bit is not supported and would cause the crash.  Contacted Fit-Bit about 3 months ago.  Simple answer given.  S7 is not supported.  Was surprised to see it is supported now as per this site, considering the denial I received a few months ago.  Even though you claim it is supported now, it does not work as advertised and has caused huge issues for me.  Very disappointed in the product and customer support.  I returned a Surge 2 under warranty because it fell to pieces and paid to upgrade to the Blaze.  I then bought a lovely brown leather strap (genuine Fit-Bit) for the Blaze but the leather has just fallen away in less than 5 months. Such a shame, when it works it's great but the poor quality of the accessories and the crashing issue has made it unusable.  The lack of support and interest from Fit-Bit and their distribution centre (Currys) has left me cold.  I strongly recommend against purchasing this product!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Forums @GB7.

I can absolutely see how all of those things could be extremely frustrating. What Android version is your S7 currently running? Did you get any sort of error message at any time? If so, what did it say?

In regards to the leather bands, there are several things that could cause a situation like that. Perhaps you could look into our wear and care tips.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes