Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth keeps turning off once android app is opened

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a samsung note 3 (old I know) I've had my Blaze fitbit for roughly 7 months and everything ran smoothly for the first 5 months. I don't know what update this happened on but whatever they changed has totally screwed up the android app and bluetooth. As soon as I open the app my I get a pop-up bluetooth message " Unfortunately, Bluetooth share has stopped." and then my bluetooth constantly turns on and I get that message and turns off. It's in a constant loop and I can't sync my bluetooth at all. I've checked to make sure it's not another app and it's not it's 100% the fitbit app. I've restarted my phone, deleted my fitbit account on my Blaze, logged out and on, deleted the app and reinstalled, rebooted my phone.....nothing works. 

Can someone get a hold of the developers or something and have them fix this?? or anyone have a fix other than factory reset?

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@AllenB wrote:

Can someone get a hold of the developers or something and have them fix this?? or anyone have a fix other than factory reset?

The Community is users helping users, @AllenB, and no one here has the ability to contact developers and request them to do anything.  It is not a good idea to remove the Fitbit tracker from your account.  Are you running the current version of the Android app, v2.57.3? You might try the following sequence of events to see if corrects it - Logout of the Fitbit app and shut it down. Open the phone Settings, Apps, Fitbit, and Force Stop it, Clear Cache, Delete Data, then delete the app. Shut down the phone (don't restart, but shut down then power on), and restart it. Install the Fitbit app, and shut the phone down again, and restart it.  Then open the Fitbit app and test it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply,

According to the app I have version 2.51 but don't know how that's possible because when I go to the app store there is no update. Also I've uninstalled and reinstalled and that should take you to the latest version. I've tried the steps you recommended and I still have this problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My bluetooth keeps shutting down and won't turn back on unless I reboot the phone.  I've done a factory reset and removed apps one by one until I discovered that it was the Fitbit app that is doing this.  If I remove the fitbit app, bluetooth runs for days.  When I re-install fitbit, bluetooth shuts down after a few hours.  I've tried clearing the cache, clearing all data, un-installing the app, turning the phone off, and then restarting it.  But once I reinstall the fitbit app, within a few hours bluetooth is gone.  Fitbit version 2.61.  Something is wrong with this version. I never had the problem before and have been running this app on this phone for several years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too I have a flex 2,. Won't connect to my Moto phone until I'm at home. Says blueBluetooth is  on but disconnected. So don't ever know how many steps till I get home 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes