Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs bugs and more bugs in the Android app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
1. I have 2 trackers on my phone. And the app just goes completely nuts when it tries syncing the devices.
2. The heart rate chart. When you click on it, it takes you to the general view the. You click on the heart rate chart it spins a wheel and does nothing. You have to click the chart 4 times to get it opened.
3. Sync delays to Fitbit servers. Many times it clears the entire sync cycle but the data doesn't update till as much as 5 minutes later and several synces with the device.
4. Food budget counter glitches out and keeps messing with the numbers. For example it'll say the previous day I had 50 caleries availble. Next time I open the app it says I have 100 left. And the chart represents wrong too.
5. Firmware update failed 3 times before it was successful. I'm scared to update the tracker on the next update.
6. Active minutes. I was active for several minutes. Hell I was really active the whole day today. Never records even a moment. I know it was changed long ago. But can't Fitbit lighten it up just a bit. I would like to see the app award me for an active day.
7. Badges being assigned incorrectly. I add calories and it said I lost weight.

The app it self needs work. It's buggy. Seems half backed and never quality or beta tested to flush out bugs before release.

Hope this bug report helps Fitbit.
Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Is great to see you around @SunsetRunner and yeah thank you very much for your feedback! Smiley LOL Fitbit is constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and they appreciate all of the input we receive from our users.

However, let me share a couple of tips to fix this bugs:

1. Put away one of your trackers (minimum 20 feet), once you are going to sync. The reason is because, your Fitbit app is going to recognize the first tracker paired. 

2. On your Heart Rate chart, try to clean the Browser Cache of your Fitbit app by: Log out from Fitbit app > Phone settings > Fitbit app > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Close the app > Log back into the Fitbit app.

3. Refresh your Fitbit app by logging out and logging back in. 

4. Let me share with you this post "Calorie counting is incorrect" from @MarreFitbit will explain better 
how calories work and also take a look on this one too "Calorie Burn Accuracy"  from @SebringDon.

5. Update your tracker on your computer rather than on your phone, because the updates require time and Internet and sometimes the signal is lost on the phone.  

6. Fitbit algorithms detect subtle differences in exertion that may explain why two seemingly identical activities result in different active minute totals. For example if you took a brisk walk along the same route two days in a row, differences in your speed and exertion levels, per example: out of breath vs not out of breath, etc. This will cause different active minute totals for the two activities. Also keep in mind that active minutes are only recorded for activities that last 10 minutes or longer.

Because Fitbit trackers primarily track movement through the use of an accelerometer, they more accurately detect active minutes for step-based activities (brisk walking, running) than non-step based activities or activities that require more than steps (yoga, tennis).

An option for this, could be: Log the activity manually, this is going to override your tracker's data and keep in mind that sometimes customers report a decrease in active minutes after logging an activity, which can occur if what your tracker recorded was more intense than what you logged.

7. For this, I recommend create a Food Plan, to have a better control on your calories. 

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback with the Community and I really hope some of my tips works for you! 

Enjoy the weekend! Smiley LOL 

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you stay in business ?  

What proportion of your multiple bugs are in your software or your failure to comply or understand guidelines for bluetooth, Android or IOS?

Do you use finite state representations to specify how your subsystems work and then verify that they comply during testing.

I understand you are selling millions of devices but your level of bugs has to reduce in proportion or faster than your sales volume or you are on an unsustainable path.  Have you considered using MISRA or other rules to eliminate dangerous coding ?

Best Answer

They just don't care about Android owners.  Most new Android phones are incompatible (only 4 out of 55 from Carphone Warehouse last week were on the compatible phones list)  and they've repeatedly refused to tell me how many Android phones have been added in the last six months. There is no timescale for this to be fixed. 

Best Answer

Is android so difficult?  

Anyone with Android app development care to comment.

Thousands of app developers don't seem to have as much trouble as Fitbit.  

When in doubt suspect bad management.

Best Answer