Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie intake/burn graph - Fitbit App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Graphing is off in the calorie display. Check out calories for the current day vs the bar graph value: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZSvHB3y5A297qLjY8

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I see both are in agreement saying that at this time you are over budget. I would not worry, since the day is not over, your still burning calories

Best Answer

Should have been more specific. For the current day on the right:

Cal Out: 1,227 (showing in gray)

Cal In: 974 (showing in red)

Out is 253 more than in, so the bar should be higher. However, 'out' bar is showing lower than the 'in' bar. This graph has a refresh problem. Often it is correct, but it gets out of sync with the numbers as they change and doesn't always refresh.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't really say @Aagoblue we would first need to know your daily deficit. It looks like 346. This number is calculated by how much you want to lose and how soon you want to lose it. 

You burned 1227 calories 

1227-346 = 881 is the most you wanted to take in. 

Therefore, at this time, any in calories over 881 are considered an overage. 

The graph is working as expected. You are 93 calories over budget. 

Don't worry it is the end of day calories that are important. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue Thanks for explaining. 

@Aagoblue Welcome to the forums. Thanks for reaching out regarding the graph for your calorie budget on the Fitbit app. Thanks for the link to the screenshot but I cannot access it. You could possibly post it here. While you are writing your next post, you have options at the top. Tap on the camera icon to upload a photo to your post. 

I can only imagine, however, I am sure that is getting you confused. As @Rich_Laue explained the calorie graph for your budget differs from the information shown, say, on the tile on the "Today"-dashboard. However the graph/gauge shown when you access the food tile is directly related to the food plan you selected. As Rich_Laue said, this number is calculated by how much you want to lose and how soon you want to lose it (food plan)

Note that at Fitbit your overall calorie burn also considers your calories burnt because of your BMR (basal metabolic rate). Here you find out more about this: . Given that these calories are also taken into account is that you may see a variation during the day.

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes