Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories intake reads zero

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to the new dashboard, and ever since then my calorie intake figure always reads zero. There seems to be a issue between fitbit and my fitness pal. Have uninstalled both, but still cannot fix the issue.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Community @larsen72! Thank you for the troubleshoot that you've done. It seems that you're logging your food through MyFitnessPal. So, the reason why you're not getting calories intake may be because both accounts aren't syncing.

Also, I would like you to double check if you're seeing calories intake in your online Dashboard. Is all your other information showing in your Android app? 

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the same problem. I use MFP. The dashboard keeps today's food intake listed no matter what day you are on. Once you click into the Food Icon you can see the list of the correct food totals
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @mPeace38! @larsen72 Currently, this is a bug. Our engineering team is aware of this issue. You may want to check the main thread and subscribe to it because any update will be posted there. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's may 29, 2017 and the bug still hasn't been fixed. I didn't switch to the new dashboard until it was forced upon me and now the component I use the most doesn't work properly. I can't stand how it will only show today's calorie count and is super slow syncing to mfp.  I also dislike how it doesn't show the calories out in the same square as calories in like it did on the old dashboard. Any word on this bug being fixed? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @Arielaa! I was checking this thread New Dashboard is not updating stats after sync, and it was resolved with the the release of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.41. That's why it was closed. 

MFP and Fitbit should sync instantaneously. There may be an occasional 3-5 minute delay. 

Thank you so much for your feedback, Fitbit is always improving their services and products. 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My problem is not with mfp, my problem is on the dashboard, the calories
consumed box always shows today's calories on the screen even when you
switch to another day.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Arielaa, unfortunately the developers team doesn't consider this a "bug". According to the moderators input, this feature works as intended. In the new layout, all tiles in the lower pane show the data from the current day, even if you scroll your upper pane back to earlier days. Whoever thought this was a logical and intended behaviour, must be alien because I cannot imagine any human being considering this right.

You may wish to switch to the version 2.47 and the old dashboard layout, which doesn't have this issue. You can find instructions on how to do that in other threads of this forum. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes