Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Create Groups With Fitbit?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I would like to start a group with a Facebook page I am a member of.

I don't know these people so I don't want to invite them to my account and there's too many of them so is it possible to start a group?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @Jrmparker, I can understand you want to create a group in your Fitbit account to invite people from your Facebook page without the need to invite them as part of your Fitbit friends. Is this correct?

If this is correct, note that you can only compete with your friends in challenges using the Fitbit app. But for this is require to invite them first as friends. In the other hand you can create activity groups using your online-Dashboard, but this is an exclusive feature, hence it won't show this option in your Fitbit app.

Members of a group can participate in discussions and compete with one another via the leaderboard. The leaderboard, located at the top of a group's page, shows how you rank against all other group members in steps, distance, and active minutes.

If you are interested in creating a group, follow these steps:

- Log into your fibit.com dashboard, then click Community > Activity Groups at the top of the page.
- Click Create a Group and give your group a name and optional description.
- Choose your privacy settings.

Your group can be public, public by invitation only, or private.
- Click Create. The group page appears where you can add members, view the leaderboard, and participate in discussions.

Now to invite people to your group go to the group page.
​In the Members box at the bottom of the page, click Invite Members. You can invite up to 10 members at one time by entering their email addresses with no need they become part of your friends in Fitbit.
Just clcik "Send" and you will be ready.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I created a group today and would like it to be public but it is private. I do not know how to change it to public, could you help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance 

Best Answer

I tried that but it did not show privacy settings or created it when I hit Create

Best Answer
0 Votes