Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I start again as think I have messed up...

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have acquired from Ebay a used Fitbit Charge HR. I downloaded the app to my Samasung Galaxy, set up my account and synced the phone app with my Fitbit.

I then discovered that I had months & months of someone else's data. I'm not entirely sure that this was going to interfere with my personal, new data coming in but I decided I still wanted to clear it.

After looking on forums, the advice seemed to be to reset the Fitbit to factory settings, which I did. Now it does not tell the time correctly and nothing I do can alter it, despite looking again on line for advice. It doesn't appear to be syning any other info either now.

Is it possible to start afresh, from scratch ie delete my account & set up a new one or will the use of my email address always keep me tied to my present account?
Back to top

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello and welcome to the forums @KittenHeels

When you first get your Fitbit, you will see burned calories. The devices begin the day at midnight, so no matter what time you set up, those burned calories will be there. This article on burned calories may help you. click to read

What you're seeing is normal and won't make any difference with your step statistics.

The device pairs to the email address  and you could set it up as a new device on an exiting account.

See this article on ChargeHR problems - click

Be sure you can return it to the eBay seller if you're not able to get it to work properly.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello and welcome to the forums @KittenHeels

When you first get your Fitbit, you will see burned calories. The devices begin the day at midnight, so no matter what time you set up, those burned calories will be there. This article on burned calories may help you. click to read

What you're seeing is normal and won't make any difference with your step statistics.

The device pairs to the email address  and you could set it up as a new device on an exiting account.

See this article on ChargeHR problems - click

Be sure you can return it to the eBay seller if you're not able to get it to work properly.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you very much. The Fitbit is working perfectly now & with the right
time!
Best Answer