Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use 2 Fitbit devices with 1 android app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey,

I'm trying to sync a fitbit charge 4 and a fitbit sense in 1 applications.

Can I add the 2 devices in 1 app because if I try this, It always disconnect 1 device of my account.

Thanks,

Moletrix

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

See Can I use more than one Fitbit device with the same account? 

Note particularly:

JohnnyRow_0-1620330017198.png

So you cannot have a Charge 4 and a Sense on same account.

You can have 2 devices on same account only if one of them is an older device not listed above.

Otherwise, adding one device requires dropping the other.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

See Can I use more than one Fitbit device with the same account? 

Note particularly:

JohnnyRow_0-1620330017198.png

So you cannot have a Charge 4 and a Sense on same account.

You can have 2 devices on same account only if one of them is an older device not listed above.

Otherwise, adding one device requires dropping the other.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response.

And what if I use the same account on 2 android phones? (And sync 1 device with 1 phone.) Will it give 1 dashboard or is that also not possible?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It won't help to have 2 phones if same account on each.  The limitation is with the account, not the phone.

You could have a different account and device on different phones, but then the data would remain separated rather than getting merged together, as the data is by account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok and maybe 1 question more,

If I add my new fitbit, will the data from the old device still in the account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, data will still be in the account and new and old device data will appear continuous with no differentiation which device it came from, as long as it is the same account.

I would suggest make sure you do a successful sync on old device before switching, so data since last sync does not get lost.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is very upsetting and a change in how the software used to work - this is a removal of very valuable functionality.  A few years ago I had both a charge 2 and an Alta - I had both connected to my account as I liked to wear my Alta to work as it was streamlined and more professional than my charge.  I eventually switched to a charge 3 and have been using that alone for the last 2 years.  For mother's day, my husband bought me an inspire 2 and the rose gold band so that I had something nice to wear when we went out or for special occasions.  I learned that I could only have one device at a time.  I added my inspire 2 as I wanted to wear it but when I switched back to my charge 3, it had lost all of my settings!  What a pain.  Again, Fitbit used to support this functionality and it is very disappointing to hear that this has now been removed.  Very poor design and customer support - you would think Fitbit would want us to have more than one device!

Best Answer

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE 

Best Answer