Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Someone Explain the High and Low Pace displayed on a GPS tracked run?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently noticed that Fitbit expanded the functionality of the map to include an overlay option for Pace or heart rate. What I'm puzzled on is what the high and low Pace actually means? For example I just finished a run with an average pace of 8'34" but neither the high pace of 12'17" nor the low pace of 52'00" displayed on the summary (screenshot attached) make any sense to me. Can someone explain what those represent because they clearly aren't a minute per mile pace like the average pace is

Capture+_2020-04-25-21-54-46.png

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

I see the same issue you got. I like the idea where i can see what my pace is at different sections in my run.  What i can calculate is the average pace is reasonably close, but high and low are not.  My average has been faster than the high when I look at it.    I am using an ionic,  is the average off GPS and the others off a standard stride length number that could need adjustment?  

Best Answer

I'm running with a charge 2 connected to my phone for GPS when I run. The pace is generally pretty close as is the stride length (set to auto calculate). When my brother runs with me with his Apple watch he can see a map that shows what his pace was at any given point after we've finished the run. I'm guessing that's what Fitbit is going for here but the high and low pace the way it's represented just flat don't make sense to me

Best Answer

I’m wondering the same thing! Anyone have an explanation for low vs high pace????

Best Answer

I'm trying to understand the same thing. If I had to guess, it's a bug. At least, I think that the High Pace is improperly calculated. I assume that there could be a GPS position error that could result in an inaccurate low pace (if you never stopped moving at a consistent pace). Average pace clearly can't be faster than the fastest pace. That makes no sense at all. 

Best Answer

Same here. Anybody figure this out? I'm not sure what "longest" is referencing, and "best" seems higher than my average.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got a Sense with the same issue. I haven't seen any response from the FitBit crew.

Best Answer

Same here on a Charge 4.

Last run:

"low pace" = 193' 07"

"high pace" = 13' 37"

"Avg pace" =  9' 59"

The I believe the average pace is correct but I don't understand the other numbers at all!  It would be great to have this feature working properly!

Best Answer

I've wondered the same thing. The only thing I can think of is a stupid UX design.

The pace map shows blue for low pace and green for high, but also records your record your record high and record low. It should be separated, to lesson confusion, but they lump it together.

What's probably going on, is that it's grabbing a moment you were waiting at a stop light, or cross walk, as you "longest pace."

It's stupid, but next time try pausing your workout whenever you aren't in motion, even if it's for a second.

Best Answer

Hi all. It's great to have you here!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for the input @WhoCaresBruh. You can find an explanation about low pace and high pace on this post.

See you around.

If my post was helpful, you can vote for it. You can also mark it as Best Answer if it was what you were looking for!
Best Answer

That post doesn't answer the question. No one on this thread is asking what pace is, they're asking why the "longest" pace is slower than crawling speed.

Please read questions before responding to them to get points.

Best Answer

Unhelpful.

Best Answer

It should be mathematically impossible for the average pace to be faster than the "High(est)" pace. Until it's fixed, sadly, this "High pace" metric is just worthless noise for us to ignore.

Best Answer

There is no stop, not for a second, on my run and...same issue.

Best Answer