Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete previous weight data from app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! 

Basically years ago (between 2016 and 2018) I used FitBit / the now discontinued Aria / an old Fitbit smartwatch to get to my goal weight and drop 20kg Unfortunately over the years I put the 20kg back on and 20kg more. 

I'm now using a Pixel Watch 2.

I was at my heaviest weight mid Jan 2024  (lost 6kg since, have another 45kg to lose) and I've been adding  weight measurements since the beginning of January manually (copying them from Samsung Health).

I got a Withings Body Smart scale  last week and hooked up the Withings Wizard (as the new Fitbit scales removed the ability to calculate body fat percentage, not a good move) so since then everything has been automatic.

Basically, I want to start afresh. I don't want to see my near goal weight of 58kg (aiming for 55kg) from 2018 when I look at 'all time' view. It's just disheartening. I want to only see the data from Jan 2024 onwards. 

I've gone into settings and set it to delete Weight data from a specific time range multiple times and it's not deleted. I've tried deleting manually, but it just refreshes and comes back??

I can delete any data added (whether manual or automatic via the Withings) in 2024, but anything from before, I can't. I've even tried to change the date on indivual entries to Jan 2024 to see if I can delete it that way, but rather than moving it, it makes a duplicate entry (which I'm able to delete) and I'm still stuck with the original data entry. Can't delete from my fitbit dashboard as my fitbit dashboard entries only have from January 2024 onward (despite me obviously using the same account for both the website and the App; I used to have a separate Fitbit account, but connected my Google account if that has any effect). 

Any ideas how I can fix this? Really disheartening to see my weight go from about 78kg to 58kg and then see it jump back up to 100 and then slowly down again (to about 95) 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Qwertyy1234 welcome to the community. I investigated deleting "Sleep" data for another OP. This might help -

I've been looking around the app settings & see the following that might be what you are looking for. In the Fitbit app on your phone "Today" screen touch your icon in the top right>Fitbit settings>account settings>delete data>weight logs>all time>DELETE

I have no desire to try it to see if it works, like most users I want to keep data. Let us know if it works for you.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @Qwertyy1234 welcome to the community. I investigated deleting "Sleep" data for another OP. This might help -

I've been looking around the app settings & see the following that might be what you are looking for. In the Fitbit app on your phone "Today" screen touch your icon in the top right>Fitbit settings>account settings>delete data>weight logs>all time>DELETE

I have no desire to try it to see if it works, like most users I want to keep data. Let us know if it works for you.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

(I think I somehow sst this as the best answer even though I'm still having issues)

I tried doing that and it's only deleted the last couple weeks. It's still giving me my data from when I was near my goal weight, and my goal weight. I can't get rid of it. It just pops right back. The only thing that's changed is I can't manually delete anything from this year now when I could before. Only thing I can think of is make a new fitbit account with a separate Gmail, then connect it to withings again 

Best Answer
0 Votes