Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't put cycling mileage in (Galaxy S8+) - among other gripes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Crashes EVERY time. Yes, I have restarted, yes I have cleared cache, yes I have reinstalled, yes I have tried repeatedly, yes I have submitted the system logs/feedback MULTIPLE times.

No, I have not gotten a response.

Try it... put in the "Outdoor Bike", put in the time, put in the duration (why no seconds for any exercise???) then get to distance and BOOM. Every. Single. Time.

I can honestly say I only keep this thing because of the barcode scanning for calories. Otherwise I would have junked it weeks ago and gone back to my Samsung Fit app. Super buggy and super clunky UI.

Anybody wanna buy a FitBit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @GalloVecchio, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! I saw you have tried different solutions to no avail. 

I'm wondering what are you trying to do, do you want to edit the exercise or manually add it?

As you know Outdoor bike is a SmartTrack exercise that can only be categorized, regardless of the phone model. Distance and other information cannot be edited. However it will display seconds in the time.

I replicated the scenario following your steps, and I was not able to obtain the same result you are experiencing, but I'm curious to know if when you go to edit the distance the app crashes or is not letting you to edit the information. If is the latter, keep i mind is only possible to edit the categorization of the exercise.

If the app is crashing it might be related to the phone. So I recommend to try some of the steps you have tried already but in the following order:

• Sync your tracker to avoid any lost data
  • Log out from your Fitbit app
  • Uninstall the app and proceed to restart your phone
  • Once your phone has loaded go back an install one more time the Fitbit app

Note that we do not have other reports of this issue and is not a glitch either, so the solutions beyond of what you have tried are limited. Nonetheless keep me posted, I'll be giving follow up.

I'll be looking forward to your response, catch ya later.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same exact issue. (Charge 2/Galaxy 8+) Occurs when adding my distance ridden because Bluetooth connectivity is lost every time I ride thus everything is tracked (heart rate, time, calories) but not distance.  Connectivity between my 8+ and Charge 2 consistently drops off 1-3 minutes after I start my ride. So, I just. Log my ride under Bike. I have taken to using Strava to track my distance and map of my route.

I am hoping that my new Iconic w/GPS will alleviate this issue.  I note that the Moderator says that Outdoor Bike does not appear to mean actually Outdoor Biking. 

Galaxy S8 , Ionic
Best Answer
0 Votes