Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't start Fitbit challenges

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8 with the mobile app for FitBit and I have the Premium subscription. I had been able to, up until a week ago, do fun challenges such as Get Fit Bingo, Weekend Warrior, Workweek Hustle, et cetera, but now they do not load or take forever to load. The FitBit symbol just spins and flashes.

Trying to make a post to the community via the mobile app does not work, either. It will simply say "Post not submitted" and sit in the void. Loading a thread is very unlikely as well.

This has been an issue with using both WiFi and mobile data. I have uninstalled my app and reinstalled. Logged out, logged back in. No change.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @ChandlerJay  have the same phone myself running Android 9. I've found when Android has an update, it messes with my ability to start challenges. Are you able to join existing challenges or is it you can't start one yourself?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't join existing ones or start new ones. It all just spins uselessly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can join if invited but can't start one. I visit the forums on my computer, so I'm not sure about the rest of your issue. It could be Android's latest update did something. So we both know, I've asked a moderator to stop by.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope something gets figured out. This is really discouraging. 😞 I love being able to do and make challenges. Isn't one of those abilities granted by being a Premium member, too? 

Best Answer

@ChandlerJay  Premium does give us more challenges, such as Bingo. I just know that this happens periodically when Samsung forces an update of the operating system and you can't defer it but so long before they automatically do it. When Fitbit updates the app, it usually gets things back to normal. Perhaps the moderator will have more information to help guide us, as they are employees of the company.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community, @ChandlerJay.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

Our team has recently released a new version of the Fitbit app (3.54 for iOS and Android). For instructions on how to check your current version and update, please visit this article and open the menu "How do I update the Fitbit app?".

@Odyssey13 Thank you for your support.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer