Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracker isn't syncing or pairing with Android device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

omg I am over this (clearly I have little patience with technology!). Charge 2 decided not to sync last night to my android phone. Did sync then half hour later wouldn't. End result I unloaded tracker from android phone app and tried to set up new device. Won't work! Won't find tracker in setup. I plug tracker in to charge to reset still does nothing. Please fix it. I have gone thru troubleshooting etc but have tried everything and no luck. I want it sorted but don't know what to do next. thx

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

@jht71, among the "everything" you have tried, have you checked your phone's Bluetooth settings to verify that the Charge 2 is not already there?  If you removed it from the app, which is very seldom a good idea, it probably left it paired with the phone's Bluetooth and would have trouble trying to re-pair it. If the tracker does appear in the phone Bluetooth settings, select it and tell it to Forget the tracker. Then try to set it up again in the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I didn't know that. Have just followed your instructions / advice
sadly hasn't made any difference but really appreciate the message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here!!! Any one with other ideas than check bluetooth, start over completely, and check all settings on phone? I have done all of those, i know this probably has an easy fix, but im over messing w this!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Gives me comfort to know I'm not alone lol. Fingers crossed we get success
at some point 😀

Best Answer

Glad to know it's not just me. Now mine won't even pair. This is so frustrating. I am seriously thinking about finding another fitness tracker.

Best Answer
Love my fitbit ... when it works 😀 but so frustrating
Best Answer

Any solutions to this problem yet?  My Blaze was working fine and then about 1pm today it stopped syncing.   I tried for 4 hours to try to get it to sync.  First I turned off the Bluetooth then turned it back on.  Then turned off my Samsung S6 and restarted it.  Restarted the Blaze, made sure the phone and blaze had fully batteries, uninstalled then reinstalled the Fitbit app all to no avail.  I even put the app on my Laptop and it still won't add the Blaze.  Tried putting a Zip on my phone and the laptop and it won't take either.  Also, the devices were deleted from Bluetooth.  Don't know what else to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So I'm all sorted now but ended up having to factory reset my phone then no
dramas. Like you I had tried everything including unloading app etc so
resetting phone to factory (albeit a pain) did work. Just have to say too I
contacted fitbit via their website and they were awesome. It was a friend
who suggested phone reset but the customer service and emails from fitbit
were friendly and helpful which I was impressed with.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What does a phone reset do? Is that like wiping your phone clean and
starting with everything from scratch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kcrn

Yes phone reset wipes everything from your phone,  it'll be empty as if you just bought it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still working with Tech Services to resolve. You've done everything I've
been instructed to do. I've even reset my Samsung to the factory setting
and reinstalled the app to no avail. I'm doing good if it syncs once a day,
which usually happens in the middle of the night. Sorry I don't have more
info for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same problem my charge hasn't synced with my Samsung S7 since the 13 I just realized it. I've been sick so I haven't been doing much. I did everything but the phone reset n it still isn't working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same problem with the alta.  It only syncs oncd in awhile.  I try a few times daily and it won't sync.  I have done evrrything they have suggested and still won't work.  It hasn't synced since November 15th.  It is very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for responding. My husband tried again on the laptop and it
worked that time. So strange. Don't know if there was just a lag in our
internet connection or what. If it happens again I will be sure to contact
Fitbit first then try resetting my phone. Thanks again.

Karen

Best Answer

Hi everybody, Sorry to hear that you can't sync your trackers nor pair them. Please check that your phone is compatible to sync. Even if your phone isn't listed you can try these suggestions but I can't guarantee they will work on your phone. In general start by restarting your phone then restart your tracker following these instructions. You can try setting/syncing your tracker using wifi but if this doesn't work try using mobile data (turn off the wifi on your phone). Adding to @USAF-Larry's suggestion, not only remove the Charge 2 but all the devices listed on your bluetooth settings area and make sure there aren't any other bluetooth devices nearby as they may interfere with the pairing/syncing process. Remember that on Android you will need to have location services (GPS) on to be able to sync bluetooth devices. You could also try using another mobile device to setup your tracker and once it is setup you can try just syncing it with your phone. Check that the app has all the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions).

Happy to hear that some of you have been able to resolve this issue and thank you for sharing what you did to fix it.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I has the same issue as mentioned above by all. No sync for last week, unable to re-add after deleting from profile, stopping and restarting Bluetooth on syncing target devices... iPad Air 2 tablet and Galaxy S8 phone. 

I find the solution of having to completely wipe and restore a syncing targeted device (tablet/phone) a scorched earth solution. It shouldn't require such an invasive process.

I deleted the Fitbit app from both the phone and tablet and re-installed on each. I then logged in with my original credentials and < poof! >, I was able to add my Charge 2 to both devices and properly sync again.

Best Answer
0 Votes