Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant track my run on Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I've successfully been using my fitbit 2 charge for several weeks and have been tracking my run where I then get a map in the app. I've always done it the same way by holding down button on side of fitbit when on run when starting off. Now suddenly yesterday after several seconds I'm getting a message saying check fitbit app and the map of my run isn't been tracked? Has there been an update to the app or has something changed for me not to be able to track my run. I've gone into the help forums and can see I'm meant to to into track exercise....I didn't have to do this before. Can someone please advise me. Many Thanks. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Emyj! Since you have updated the Fitbit app, maybe you'll need to grant location permission on your phone again.

Go into your device settings later and grant permission. Though each device is different, on many Android devices you can do this by tapping Settings > Apps > Fitbit > Permissions

If you’re unsure how to verify or change settings for your phone, consult your device manufacturer. 

For more information about why your GPS feature might not work, I'd recommend to see: Why isn't' GPS working on my Fitbit device?

PS: I've moved your post to the Android App as there are more changes to get related replies here.

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes