Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in phone compatibility?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So tonight, April 2nd, I was searching the Fitbit site on my phone and i found the place you can put in what kind of phone is compatible with charge 3. And it listed the 10e as an option. I was like, oh, maybe they finally updated it, so I tried pairing it (at least my phone recognizes it, now). Nothing. So is it compatible to 10e or not? I've had the Fitbit since Christmas of last year. It couldn't pair with my old S4 mini obviously, so when I got this phone bbn in June, I thought maybe a months-old device would work with a virtually-new phone. Guess not. I'm just tired of seeing the "Fitbit.com/setup" scroll across the screen of my tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @MandeeBeth  check this most current list of compatible devices click to see

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see the 10e is listed as fully compatible. Doesn't explain why I am unable to pair it up with my device. Like, on the phone app, it has the 'set up device' thing, but when I go into it, and choose which one I have, it loads for a second and then goes right back to the 'set up' page.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MandeeBeth what do you mean by pair to the phone? What error do you receive and at what step does the Add Device process fails. 

A user needs to Add the tea let to their Fitbit account, then the Fitbit app will ask to connect(pair) the tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean by 'tea let'? Also, when I go to my bluetooth space on my phone to look for devices and it says that the charge 3 was available/in range to pair, and I tap on it, it loads, says it's pairing. After maybe a minute, though it stops to the point when I open the bluetooth area, listing the charge 3 as available. Yes, the actual app is installed on my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I missed the auto coerce t. 

To add a tracker to a users account, everything must be done through the Fitbit app by using the Add Device command. 

There is absolutely nothing that can be done through the phones Bluetooth and why your post above States that the pair request was rejected. Your Fitbit tracker is suppose to reject this type of pair request. Ow if a user managed to get the tracker paired this way.. The Fitbit will not be able to find the tracker because the app is looking for in trusted devices. A paired through Bluetooth device is now a trusted device and most likely can not be found or Connected to with the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have anything on my app that says "add device". There's only "set up a device" on the account page, which I have tried numerous times. When I tap on that, it brings me to the list of fitbits. After I choose the charge 3, it brings me to the screen showing me the charge 3 and under it there's an option that says "set up your charge 3". But when I tap on that, it brings me immediately back to my account page.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MandeeBeth 

While trying to pair your device to the app, did you follow this instruction in the manual?

"To set up Charge 3, first connect it to the charging cable."

(Broken Fitbits One, Charge 2 and 3). Using Charge 4 and Garmin fēnix 6. App vs 4.16.1 Samsung Galaxy A52. Android 14
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MandeeBeth when I have app crashes or routines that don't work on my android. 

The steps I take are. 

• Swipe the app out of memory. 
  • Open the phone settings. 
  • Tap Apps or Applications (depends on OS version)
  • Find the app. This will be Fitbit
  • Press Stop App (might have a different name)
  • Tap Storage
  • Clear Cache. 

Now I restart phone to clear the background Fitbit. 

Apon restart I then run the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer

all I do is leave it plugged in, lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

oh my gosh, thank you! I didn't quite follow your exact steps. I completely uninstalled it from my phone and re-installed it through the app store, and went to the 'set up device'. It is now setting up! I hadn't realized that my app needed to be updated. It makes sense if they had recently added the 10e to the compatibility list. I feel kind of dumb, now, lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes