Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 GPS distance inaccuracy after 2.66 - RESOLVED w/ 2.67.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 3/12/18

Hey, there!

I wanted to check-in with everyone as it seems that GPS distance and accuracy has improved with version 2.67. Thanks for letting me know that its better!

Today, we released the Fitbit for Android app version 2.67.1. Please update the app and let me know how it goes with this version. As always, we recommend updating whenever there is a new app version released as this ensures your tracker works as expected.  

If this continues even on the latest version, I'll need to gather some more specific data from some of you to pass this along to our engineers. Thanks for all your help and cooperation! 

Fitbit Update: 2/21/18

Thanks for all the responses! Smiley Happy

As mentioned, this issue with Connected GPS has been escalated to the appropriate team for investigation. I would really appreciate everyone's patience in the meantime. When a fix is in the works, I'll make sure to update you all here. Stay tuned for any updates! 

Fitbit Update: 2/16/18

Thanks for all the great information, everyone! I have merged in some additional threads to get one unified conversation. 

I really appreciate you all taking the time to share the details of your current experience with Android app: 2.66. I understand how important accuracy is to all of you. This has been escalated to our team for review! I will provide updates here in this thread when more information becomes available. Thanks for your help. 

Hi, everyone!

Thanks for reporting and bringing this to my attention. Sorry to hear that you are all getting inaccurate distance measurements after recording GPS Runs with your Charge 2. 

Please help me narrow down and confirm the following:

-Did this issue begin with the last Fitbit for Android app version: 2.66?

-Is this distance discrepancy also happening with Mobilerun or only when using Connected GPS

-Which error message are you seeing on the tracker, if any? 

If you haven't already, please try a restart and take a look through this help article for more troubleshooting suggestions. Let me know if this changes anything or the same issue persist! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
283 REPLIES 283

@Aelizl Yeah, that's really interesting, especially because Strava at least appears similar to the Fitbit path (jagged edges, not very straight, etc). I wonder if there could be some other external issue impacting GPS accuracy. Still good to know. Thanks for posting that--very well could help someone else on here if not Fitbit support.

Best Answer

Just to clarify, I didn't record on strava earlier. It automatically imports the map from fitbit in whatever state it's in. I just went for another walk and recorded on strava and fitbit simultaneously, and don't ya know they both look perfect. So I don't know what to make of it. I'm irrationally angry over something so trivial. My mental health is demanding I wash my hands of this issue, good luck guys. 

CollageMaker_20180315_154043815.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aelizl Ahh, got it ... my mistake, then. I hear Garmin's vivosmart 3 is a good competitor to the Charge 2! Good luck to you as well.

Best Answer

Thanks for all the replies! I'm glad that you have all noticed improvements in the latest Android app version: 2.67.1. Turns out there was a fix for another issue that also improved Connected GPS with this last update. 

Thanks again for testing this. All your feedback is super important and I appreciate you all taking the time to share your findings. Connected GPS tracking can be a little tricky at times since the tracker relies heavily on your Phone's GPS. We're always working to create better experiences for you all and that includes GPS tracking options. If you haven't already, please update the app!

I'm now closing this thread and if you have any new issues, please open a new topic. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer