Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 no longer tracks heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Woke up this morning and my charge 2 no longer tracks heart rate. I've tried turn the track off, on then auto, no charges and have reset it a number of times and updated the app to no avail.

Any ideas? I've had it less than two weeks.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello there @BrainlessP! Welcome to the Forums.

I'd like to ask  you a few question regarding your Charge 2's HR monitor:

• Does it get a reading at any point in the day?
  • Have you tried switching wrists?

In the meantime, I'd recommend that you try cleaning the HR sensor on the back of the Fitbit in case there is any dust or dirt that could be interfering with the LED lights. You can use a slightly damp cloth and rub it slightly.

Look forward to your reply so that I can get a better understanding of the situation.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

My charge 2 has stopped recording my heart rate consistently.  Under the exercise button it said 14 minutes of exercise and then when I tapped on that it said 33 minutes on the bottom right  but only 14 minutes of heart rate showed. Any ideas?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Esther11

That sounds frustrating. Could you answer the questions I mentioned above? Please also try to clean the back of the tracker to make sure that it is not something stuck between the HR sensor and your skin that is causing this situation.

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you.  It does record during the day.  The two times this has happened was when I was going uphill.  I have not changed wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Esther,

I resolved my issue by ringing the product help line, found the number online, and they replaced it. Seems the heart rate sensor is oversensative and can physically fail.

Hope that helps!

Best Answer
Thank you!

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Esther11 and @BrainlessP!

@BrainlessP Thanks for chiming in.

@Esther11 You should be receiving and email from our team. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Please let me know if there are any questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes