Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not logging sleep stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have read through the forum and have tried any suggestions offered but my charge 2 only tells me I have no sleep stages. It tells me how many hours I sleep but no stages such as rem, deep, or light. My wife's charge 2 works fine. Anyone got any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Format / Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Lostrunner, good to see you have joined the Fitbit Community! I was reading you are not able to see sleep stages on your log entries. 

There is a new version for the Fitbit app which I'm sure you hav already installed, so I would like to recommend to reset your app and clear the cache: Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

There are a few external factors that can interfere with your sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Hope this helps and keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been trying many of the suggestions made in this and the Charge 2 forum in order to get sleep stages and would like to try this one, but when I went to clear data, there was a warning that all of the application's data would be deleted permanently, including all files, settings, accounts, databases, etc. I'm a little hesitant to do that...will I lose all my history and settings?

Charge 2 | Android Galaxy S7
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried this and lost no data I could tell I will find out tonight if it actually works

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lostrunner, did it work for you?

Charge 2 | Android Galaxy S7
Best Answer
0 Votes
No I still don't get the stages only awake, asleep, and restless
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good afternoon Robert.
The work around you suggested did not work. I can still only tell when I'm