Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not pairing to my Samsung Galaxy J3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It says it's compatible but gets as far as pairing but won't pair.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there @Sharone122, nice to have you here in the Fitbit Community! In this case only the Galaxy J is compatible, the model you are referring is the J3 and still is not listed as a compatible device.

It wouldn't hurt to try the troubleshooting steps to set up your tracker:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Try setting up your device again.
  3. Turn your Fitbit device off and back on using the instructions in this post.
  4. Try setting up your device again.
  5. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet (turn it off and then back on).
  6. Try setting up your device again.
  7. If you can't set up after the reboot, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

If that does not work, I suggest setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

Hope this helps and rest assure we are working to improve the Fitbit experience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my fitbit charge 2 for Christmas and it pairs with my Samsung J3 pro but the notifications will not work which apart from the fitness aspect is one of the main reasons I chose it so i can receive notifications when a text message or call arrives on my mobile. Quite dissapointed especially considering I have read online that this has been a problem for over a year and was being looked into then.

Best Answer

Hi Guys/Gals

My wife has just renewed her mobile to a Samsung J3, although it syncs to take the steps ETC it will not get notifications through and it also does not show as paired with it via BT

I have reset both the phone and fitbit but still no joy, any idea's guys

Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Stoy, good to see you around and my apologies for the late response. I'm wondering how it goes? Is the issue still persisting with your wife's phone and tracker? Were you able to complete the set up process with the Fitbit app?

Note that the Samsung J3 is not listed as compatible. When a device is not compatible it doesn't mean it won't work, but certain features may not behave as is expected due to the app is not optimized to work with these devices.

It would not hurt to try the following suggestions in case the issue persists: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

See you until the next opportunity!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The fitbit app works but will not show any messages or calls on the fitbit,
her older Xperia did. It shows the steps etc
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Stoy, my apologies for the late response and thank you for keeping me posted. In this instance the issue might be related to the incompatibility of the phone. As I mentioned earlier, some features may not work due to the instability of the Bluetooth connection that is able to maintain the tracker.

The Fitbit app is compatible with more than 200 Apple, Android, and Windows 10 phones and tablets and we are working to add more devices. However, further details are limited of a timeframe or if a device is going to be fully compatible in the future.

If new information arise I will let you know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no such thing as a galaxy J, but a J series which includes the J3. So if the J series is not supported it should not be listed at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So when you say you are "working" on adding more devices, how long will it take to decide whether or not you will add a particular device? The honest thing to do would be say yes we will, or no we won't (with reference to a particular device) Spinning consumers along like they are idiots is not ideal, but increasingly common in the global tech market, ie Facebook, Google, Apple etc. We bought a J3 Pro as we saw the light and actually figured the expensive smart phones offered too many "features" that we didn't actually need, at exhorbitant prices (and strangely enough, do we still see queues outside Apple stores at new iPhone release time? not in this country!) So, is the J3 Pro going to be compatible or not? If so, when?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @acc23 and @Fredenzed, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community to both of you and thank you for your comments. I owe you an apologies for being able to response until now.

Regarding the Samsung J3, I got confirmation is not going to be listed as compatible. However this is not an statement it won;t work.

Now about the J3 Pro, there is not information that I can denied or confirm regarding its compatibility, since this information is not available, even for us as moderators. The reason of this is because we do not have an estimated timeframe of when a device is going to be listed.

The full list of compatible devices with confirmed compatibility can be found at fitbit.com/devices. If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch as I mentioned earlier. We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit App, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. A majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

See you around and stay tuned for future updates.

Best Answer
0 Votes